Use the Macintosh Energy Saver settings to automatically turn off the monitor. We recommend that public and lab computers not be put to sleep, but displays/hard drives may be put to sleep.
- Launch System Preferences either from the Apple menu (top left) or the Dock
- Click Energy Saver
- Use 15 minutes for display sleep
- Make sure your settings look like this
Recommended Settings for Mac Notebooks (unplugged):
- Use 5 minutes for display/hard drive sleep
- Use 15 minutes for system/computer sleep.