We love January (and we think you will, too). Our exploratory term in January, Jan Plan, gives students the opportunity to choose among hundreds of different academic experiences. It’s a time for focused study, for interning, or for conducting research. Students are required to complete three, but 90 percent of students elect to do four. It’s just that good.
Jan Plan in Action
- Video: Field Study in Belize - Students in ES 358J, Ecological Field Study in Belize, star in a video produced by classmate Kellie Walsh ’15.
- Multicultural Literacy: Jan Plan with Difference - The course Multicultural Literacy is changing how students experience their Colby years.
- Anatomy/Physiology Students Hear State Epidemiologist - On Jan. 30 epidemiologist Stephen Sears spoke on disease prevention and on public health risks Maine has faced.
- Video: The Art of Fly Fishing - English 238 connects environmental literature, fly-fishing skills, trip to Mammoth Lakes, Calif., region.
- Environmental Jan Plan in Ethiopia - Four students accompanying Professor Travis Reynolds to Ethiopia for environmental research filed an initial report on their activities.
- PaninisForJanPlan - Kayla Lewkowicz ’14, taking Italian 125j in Italy, writes about sights, shopping, sumptuous food—and studying—in her blog.