Sample off-campus Jan Plan 2015 courses include:
- American Independents: Their Art and Production—Examine classic independent films, then attend the Sundance Film Festival.
- Art of Fly-Fishing: Maine and Bishop, California—Analyze nature writing and practice fly-tying, nymphing, and casting.
- Ecological Field Study—Investigate tropical ecosystems in Belize.
- Field Study in African Development—Travel to Uganda to study economic and social development.
- Language immersion courses in Paris and St. Petersburg.
- Geology of Bermuda—Examine geological formations of Bermuda.
- Modern and Contemporary Italian Fiction in Translation in Verona—Read Italian fiction while traveling in Italy.
- Postcolonial Pastoral: Ecology, Travel, and Writing—Study at a sustainable-agriculture institute in India.