- JS/RE 181: Conceptions of Jews and Judaism (offered every fall semester)
- JS/RE 182: Jews, Judaism, and the Modern World (offered every spring semester)
- Four additional courses with the JS prefix. Note: JS 125 (Hebrew I) does not count toward the minor.
Minors are encouraged to take advantage of off-campus study opportunities. Students may petition to receive Jewish Studies credit for up to three courses taken at other colleges and universities.
In recent years, Jewish Studies minors have received credit from the following programs:
- School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London
- IES — Rome
- New York University — Tel Aviv
- Tel Aviv University
- University of Haifa
Other off-campus study programs with especially strong Jewish Studies offerings that minors might consider include:
- Ben Gurion University of the Negev (Beer Sheva)
- CET — Prague
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- The Jewish Theological Seminary (New York)
Note: Because Israel is subject to a U.S. State Department travel warning, students interested in studying there must submit a special petition.
Independent Major in Jewish Studies
Colby does not offer a formal major in Jewish Studies. Interested students are, however, welcome to explore the possibility of pursuing an independent major. Contact Raffael Scheck or David Freidenreich for more information.