Log into myColby
Look under Academics
You’ll see your librarian’s name and email
Some librarians also have subject specialties and as you progress through Colby, you are free to contact the librarian of your choice.
QUESTIONS? Please contact Lisa McDaniels
Each first-year student is assigned to a librarian, who will be contacting you over the course of the year with useful information about how to get the most out of the Libraries’ services and collections.
What is a Personal Librarian?
The knowledgeable, friendly person you can contact for:
- questions about the Colby Libraries
- reference assistance
- suggestions for study spaces
- guidance on using the Libraries’ catalog
- help in finding materials for assignments
- help finding books, articles, films, etc.
- tips about choosing databases
- citation help
- help in determining copyright and fair use
- referrals to appropriate research librarians
- And much, much more…
Why use a Personal Librarian?
- We live in a world over-saturated with information.
- Most scholarly resources are not on the open Web.
- Information on the Web may not be reliable.
- Using electronic resources effectively requires training.
- There are many wonderful resources you don’t know about.
- Academic success is dependent on good information!
Where do I meet my Personal Librarian?
Librarians are happy to meet you in their offices. It’s best to email to check their availability. They are also available via phone and email.
For 24/7 assistance, check out our library guides: