Welcome to ‘Life at Colby,’ a new digital gateway to the experiences unique to Mayflower Hill.
This site is also the online home of the Dean of the College Division, which works to unify our campus through intellectual engagement, student life, and community citizenship.
I hope this site connects our students to the resources they need to thrive and succeed and serves as a central hub of news and information about the programs and services here at Colby. We created this mobile-friendly design to make it easy for you to find the information you need as fast as possible.
Popular resources, include:
- How to engage with class deans— students’ central advisor on academic planning—plus the range of academic support options available through the new Dean of Studies Office.
- Clear and concise information on housing options and detailed steps for participating in our annual room draw.
- A new, searchable student handbook, as well as a one-stop place for all policies and offices related to student conduct and accountability.
Students will also find portals to:
- Colby health and counseling services, including online resources, how to make appointments, and what to do in case of emergency.
- The new office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, which includes the Pugh Center, the Office of Spiritual and Religious Life, the Office of Gender and Sexual Diversity, as well as other diversity initiatives on campus.
- Colby’s civic engagement programs, such as Colby Cares About Kids and the Colby Volunteer Center. In the coming months, we’ll be adding new information and programs as our civic engagement curriculum takes shape.
- All of Colby’s clubs and organizations, student government, healthy, active living programs—which includes favorite traditions like COOT and popular recreational groups like the Colby Outing Club.
In addition, Life at Colby will feature the latest news and updates from across the Dean of the College Division, such as events, programs, service opportunities, key deadlines and more.
Your college experience should be intellectually and personally fulfilling, challenging, and transformative. And the mission of my office, the Dean of the College, is to connect you with incredible people, places, opportunities, and resources that form the foundation of our diverse and inclusive community.
Life at Colby was designed and built to support this mission. I welcome feedback, questions, or concerns at any time.