Recording & sending voice audio files via e-mail
Step 1: Voice recording in the LRC
- Launch Audio Recorder from the dock.
- Click on the Record button.
- Speak into the microphone affixed to the side of the Mac.
You can tell that the mic is working by the red bar moving
back and forth in the application window.
If it's not working, seek out one of the LRC Assistants.
- Click on the Stop button.
- The program will automatically name the file with a long
numerical string (the date, etc.). Change the filename to yourname.mp3
- Click on the Save button. Make sure to save the file
to the Desktop.
- Quit Audio Recorder.
Step 2: Sending an e-mail attachment
- Launch web browser.
- Go to email.colby.edu/ and
click on the link for the secure version of IMP.
- Enter your Colby username and password.
- Compose an email to your professor, and
click on the Browse button at the bottom of
the compose message window. Navigate the directory of the local
hard drive and choose the audio file you plan to submit.
- A pathname to the file now appears in the compose message
window, but it is not actually attached until you click on
the Attach button.
- Send message.
Colby :: ITS :: LRC
Home | About | VLL | Projects | Tech
Help | Newsletter :: Study