Peter H. Lunder and Paula Crane Lunder, formerly of Waterville, Maine, have strong ties to Colby College and its museum. Mr. Lunder graduated from Colby in 1956, and both Mr. and Mrs. Lunder received honorary degrees from the College in 1998. Mr. Lunder is a life overseer. Mrs. Lunder joined the Board of Trustees in 1998 and served as its vice chair in 2003-04. In 2006, she was named a life trustee. Both Mr. and Mrs. Lunder have been committed to the College and the museum and have served on the museum’s Board of Governors since 1995. In that year, they pledged the lead gift to the museum’s Lunder Wing, designed by architect Frederick Fisher and inaugurated in 1999. That same year, they also endowed a curatorial position at the museum, the Lunder Curator of American Art. In 2007, they promised their collection of more than 500 works of art to the College. Mr. Lunder was the vice chairman of the Smithsonian Institution’s national board and served on the board at the Smithsonian American Art Museum. There, the Lunder Foundation endowed the Lunder Conservation Center and the position of Lunder Education Curator. Mr. Lunder also serves on the boards of the Harold Alfond Foundation and the Terra Foundation. Mrs. Lunder is currently on the Maine College of Art board, and both serve on a visiting committee at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.