Background on Scheduling
Events Management Software (EMS) was implemented at Colby in the spring of 2001 to schedule space on campus easier and to standardize the scheduling process. The goal of on campus scheduling is to create an event registration system to monitor, track, and present events, to ensure:
- The best use of College resources, both human and financial
- Minimal scheduling conflicts
- Ease in planning for maximum attendance at high cost events
Scheduling Policies and Procedures
Departments have web reserve permission for the building in which they are housed and can also request rooms in a limited number of other buildings. All other requests should be sent to Scheduling via the Simple Request Form, or email to email@example.com.
NOTE: The Simple Request Form should be used by those without access to Virtual EMS (the on-line booking system), or by key users of Virtual EMS to request space in buildings that do not appear on their list of rooms.
For those with access to Virtual EMS: EMS Web User Instructions
Scheduling an Event
- All events on campus are scheduled in EMS using either the web request process, the Simple Request Form or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Department members may schedule through their department secretary or designate in the building where their offices are located.
- Students who wish to schedule an event must be affiliated with or sponsored by a College club or organization. Student clubs or organizations must designate a scheduler at the beginning of each academic year.
- Please schedule events at least two and preferably four or more weeks in advance to ensure that Scheduling and the Office of Communications have the necessary information to reserve your space and to publicize the event (if appropriate). Events scheduled with less than two weeks advanced notice are not guaranteed to get reserved space or to be publicized.
- Some facilities such as Cotter Union and Roberts may be unavailable during College-wide events such as Commencement and Board of Trustee meetings. Please check with Scheduling (email@example.com) if you have questions.
How to schedule an event
For information on how to schedule an event, please click here
Spaces available for use
For a description of our facilities and their policies, please click here
Questions about scheduling or changes to an event can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.