The Oak Institute is looking to hire a research assistant for the Spring 2020 semester. The job is 4 hours a week, $12 per hour. The theme for Spring 2020, continuing from Fall 2019 is Human Rights and Water. The theme for the upcoming academic year (2020-21) is Human Rights at the Border.
The tasks that the Oak Student Assistant would be expected to complete in the Spring months include:
- Publicize and sort through the applications of human rights activists and organizations for the search for the 2020 Fall Oak Fellow (Borders Theme)
- Work with the 2020 Spring Oak Fellow to prepare readings and other resources for the fall seminar class
- Write an Echo and/or magazine article featuring the Oak Fellow
- Assist the Oak faculty and staff in welcoming the Oak fellow once they arrive, including both with on- and off-campus logistical matters.
- Work with the director/assistant director on setting up a few social events for the fellow upon arrival.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned by the Assistant Director related to the Oak Fellow’s arrival and Oak programming.
- Publicizing and attending Oak events
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Web-based research skills
- Strong organizational skills and dedication
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; experience with WordPress or other web editing software
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills in order to communicate with others the work of the Oak Fellow and the Oak Institute
- Preference for someone who would be able to continue working for Oak in the Summer of 2020 as a research assistant.
If you are interested, please email a resume and cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position and interest in human rights work to email@example.com, the Assistant Director of the Oak Institute. Please make the subject of your email “Oak Spring Assistant.”
The deadline to apply is Friday, January 17th, 2020. We encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience.