Colby Around The World: Student Perspectives is an opportunity for you to share your international experience with Colby. Through a variety of creative media, reflect on and express what the experience means to you and how it has impacted you personally, academically, linguistically, and/or professionally.
The first Colby Around The World: Student Perspectives will take place on Thursday, April 30, 2015 (“CLAS day”) from 5 to 7pm in Pulver Pavilion.
If you have had a significant international experience or are an international student studying here, we invite you to share your experience during this year’s Colby Liberal Arts Symposium.
The goals of are to:
- Celebrate the benefits and outcomes of international education
- Reflect on and express how the experience has affected them personally, academically, linguistically, and professionally
- Inspire and educate others who may be considering study abroad
Who should participate?
- Did you study, intern, or volunteer abroad (for a semester, year, Jan Plan, summer, or even a high school exchange)?
- Are you an international student studying here?
- Did you grow up in another country?
- Did you do a gap year abroad or start college abroad (as FSA or enrolled in a foreign university)?
You may participate as an individual or as a team.
Why you should participate?
Here are a few great reasons why you should get involved:
- Take a moment to reflect on your international learning experience
- Share your stories and inspire others to plan theirs
- Express the impact your experience has had on you
- Gain greater self awareness
- Encourage others to have the transformative experience abroad that you had
- Make new friends and have fun!
How do you get involved?
- Register by Monday, April 20, 2015 including a brief description of your proposed submission for display
- Prepare your exhibit. Poster printing deadline is also Monday, April 20.
- Set up your exhibit in Pulver by 4:30 pm on Thursday, April 30, 2015
Online Registration (Required)