A Global Ambassador is an off-campus study returnee who volunteers to advocate for off-campus study and help the OCS office provide services, support, information, programs and events to peers throughout the year to better meet students’ needs before, during, and after their off-campus study experience.
Global Ambassadors are an essential part of Colby’s off-campus study mission. You can help the OCS office serve students better! There are many ways to be involved depending on your preferences, talents and time!
Benefits of being a Global Ambassador:
- Share your enthusiasm, experiences, and inspiration with others
- Reflect on your experience while helping others plan theirs
- Create opportunities for you to share your stories and inspire the campus.
- Fulfill your “program ambassador” requirements, if you have been selected by your program
- Gain greater self awareness
- Encourage others to have the transformative experience abroad that you had
- Enhance leadership, teamwork and communications skills through event planning and on-campus presentations
- Make new friends and have fun!
- Be a former participant in an off-campus study experience (semester or year) with OCS (Other international experience can be a plus (internship, volunteer, during Jan Plan or summer)
- Be in good academic & disciplinary standing
- Enthusiasm for and genuine understanding of the OCS experience and application process
- Ability to interact with diverse students
- Skills & ideas to develop, plan & implement your proposed activity
Expectations and Requirements:
- Commit to develop, plan & implement or participate in at least 1 event or activity each semester (can be done as a team). There is no specific time commitment and activities can be done on your own time (when possible).
- Be dedicated, reliable and follow through on your commitment
- Collaborate with the OCS office
- See important guidelines