- Over fall break Emma, Allison and Anna, had a splendid time hiking and canoeing in Baxter State Park. They missed a moose by about 2 hours, so better luck next time…!
- Hannah K and Eliza BW did some hiking and canoeing around the Bigelows, met 5 moose and some French-Canadians (more interesting than the moose?)!
- Margaux et al enjoyed a successful parent’s weekend potluck at the COC cabin! There was a great fire, but no grill (please keep eyes peeled on Maine roadsides for good deals?)
- Drew, Logan, and Jack canoed Flagstaff lake. Much nudity! Much foliage! (What more could you want)
- Gregory and Drew led a vintage Tumbledown hike: views, nudity, blood, laughs, tears, memories.
- Carina attended Tread Fest in Augusta, participated in the road race, and highly recommends the Bond Brook recreation area to all!
- Ben went canoeing with Carson and saw a weird tree on an island (adventure!)
- Will, Caroline, and Alain hiked Mt. Abraham! They’ve dubbed it the “slushy trip,” and experienced wind-induced brain freeze (email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and concerns). Alain ate flowing bacon on the “tippy tip tip top” of the mountain, so be sure to congratulate him when you see him around campus.
- Sarah, Cassandra, and Kimberly came in a close second to traitor Teddy and Jackson and George at the Foss cook-off. (Teddy was really just making sure to spread the COC wealth so that we had a better chance of having some representation in the winning team….you’re welcome!)
- Owens, Brandon, Will, and Kyle did some ADK climbing over fall break! They went to chapel pond to enjoy some sick crag lines and delicious baked apples.
- Danny Leaman completed his first roll in a kayak at the pool!
Upcoming Trips and Events
- COOTober! The COC and COOT folk are joining up to rekindle the beauty that is first-year orientation trips. Freshmen only trips this Sunday, get psyched!! You can go fly fishing and canoeing with RKCOLE!
- Cassandra and Parwana will be hiking to Cutler Coast to see the sunrise!
- Cat and Bengtson will lead an overnight trip to the Bigeloooooooows!
- The beginning of Fly Fishing Tuesdays! Learn how to tie flies with Ryan, Jake, and team this Tuesday during office hours!
- Bengtson will teach how to make an alcohol stove this Fwednesday (?) during office hours.
- PANTHER GROUP: Wanna go to Mt. Tremblant right after exams this December? Get a sweeet deal to stay in a 5-star hotel and ski 3 days and chill 3 nights with a great group of college students! Talk to email@example.com with interest!
- Gear: about to make a gear order! If you have thoughts, join the committee or just let Logan and Spencer know. Either way email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Events: shout outs to Margaux (potluck organization) and Cassandra (cooking)! Here are things that are happening soon…if you want to be a part of planning events contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- DamNation screening October 29th!! Watch trailer here: http://vimeo.com/41319363
- Lucas Sinclair of Katahdin Woods and Waters is coming to speak November 5th!
- Teton Gravity Research film will be coming in November (details TBD)
- Registered keg, tent building, join with CA’s … extravaganza! November 7th!
- WFA will be November 15th and 16th, mark yo calendars!
- Cabin and Sugaring
- Sarah Jeanne (email@example.com) has made an awesome binder with the cabin forms! Go her! If you want to be a part of maintaining the cabin, choppin’ wood, etc, contact her!
- If you want to stack wood for the sugaring season, contact Seth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- working towards new trip leader process!
- see Owens’ email to vote on new structure!!!!!!
- current leaders: please fill out Excel spreadsheet if you haven’t already.
Read the books that are in the office, learn!
Re: reimbursements: come to Wednesday office hours to sign form then, or the Sunday meeting. Making JTort’s life easier.
HAVE A LOVELY WEEK ENJOY THE COOLING WEATHER BECAUSE “WINTER IS COMING SO YOU SHOULD GO OUTSIDE NOW”