It’s cold, it’s warm, it’s raining, chunks of lava are falling from the sky, who even knows anymore. All we know is Julia is REALLY bad at eating donuts. Next competitor at the event will be the one and only Logan Gillen. Anyway, here’s what happened:

Outside Past?

• Julia and Emma led a trip camping on Bigelow! I went on it, it was very fun. They were stopped from reaching the summit by snow, ice, and butt sliding.
  • COC tangles with the law…and wins: Park and Eric and crew almost got arrested while going to Early Bird, but made it to breakfast safely.
  • Spencer/T$/Eli and Co skinned/snowshoed up to bullwinkle’s, PJ bled maybe? Chloe and Eric (and others?) did it in the dark. No explanation needed, unless you have a dirty mind, then explanation is definitely needed. But I won’t give it to you. Also, Spencer cried tears of beauty when he looked over at Bigelow and saw us camping beautifully.
  • Kaitlin and Sage and unknown ‘Kate’ went on Sara and Jake’s trip and nordic walked (not a thing) and stayed in a yurt and visited a bog. ‘twas a fun time.
  • Woodsmen men got either 3rd place or 6th place (Logan is mysterious) and Woodswomen got 2nd at meet in Orono! Logan got a German beer thing for coming in 3rd/6th.
  • Sugaring tapped some trees up! Sap flowing all dayyyyyyy. Hoo rah.
  • We talked about ski culture at Social Justice Sunday! Let hjbossi@colby.edu know about any ideas you have for future SJS’s.

Outside Future?

• Dialogue trips are happening this weekend and next weekend at Maine huts and trails!! Hiking, eating, and discussing! Three of my favorite things. Trip themes still to be decided. The hikes will be easy 2.2 mile hikes round-trip, mainly focused on the dialogue. Sign ups will be Wednesday at 7pm (tentatively). GO ON THEM. If you want.
  • Tumbledown will be playing at railroad square Tuesday night at 7pm! It’s a rom com set near Tumbledown Mountain, which is in Maine, which is where Colby is! Keenan and Julia will lead a group there, let them know if you want in.
  • COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT- Coot applications are due Thursday night at midnight! If you have any questions, either send an email to coot@colby.edu, go to the COOT panel Tuesday at 8pm in Ostrove, or just ask me!
  • Anna and Joe will be looking at tracks in the arb on Thursday if there is a substance on the ground that holds tracks. More info on that in the future.
  • Whisperlite clinic Wednesday from 7-8 pm in the COC office! Whether you’ve never used a whisperlite, or have had one blow up in your face at the base of Katahdin, come learn some fancy tips and tricks from cooking experts!
  • PJ and Jacob will lead a tele skiing clinic to Sugarloaf on Saturday
  • Tree-trimmin’ (Twhittling?) Tuesday tomorrow!
  • Bruce Rueger (rad geo teacher) is speaking on Friday at 7 in Freeport on this topic: Benedict Arnold (traitor) going to Canada (cold) and how it affected some rocks (rocks)?
  • TRAMPOLINE JUMP-OFF COC V BOC IN LEWISTON (not planned at all yet but keep a nose out for news).
  • FOSS TRIVIA NIGHT ON FRIDAY-THE COC MUST WIN. If you also love collecting completely useless pieces of knowledge and then telling that knowledge to other people after being asked a question about that knowledge, let me or Sara know and let’s rule the galaxy together.

CommittEs:

• Events: Rachel Bird is Hannah’s first friend (aka head of new community outreach committee)!  Meeting for the Rachel/Hannah committees will be at 6:30 pm on Wednesday. On another note, if anyone can tell me what I was referencing in my meeting notes when I simply wrote ‘all-denim’, please let me know. There will be an adventure race sometime in April being planned by events committee! There is talk of summer sausage. Talk to hannah with any ideas you might have; the crazier the better.
  • Trips: if you’re leading or facilitating a dialogue trip, there is a meeting at 7 tonight in the COC office.
  • Gear: Meetings for gear will be every Wednesday for the rest of the semester.
  • Cabin: wood will be brought down to the cabin sometime on Wednesday; if you would like to help or heckle let Amy (aalotemp@colby.edu) know.

Contestasization:

• Send Spencer t-shirt designs! The more summer sausages included, the better.
  • Jake Lester made patches. The patch is circular.

Hot Seat

• Keenan and Sage hot seated and have therefore become leaders!! Here are their answers to the hot seat questions with zero context of the questions:
    • Keenan: THAT ONE SUCCESS MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP THE NORTH THERES THIS ONE REALLY COOL HUDSON RIVER PAINTING THATS ALL SNOWY AND NOT LIKE THE OTHERS STAR WARS EPISODE 5 17 CHIPMUNK I DO NOT AS MUCH AS I WANT TO I DO NOT COOKIE DOUGH GORBACHEV HANG LOOSE
    • Sage: SAGE SAM PIERRE I WAS IN FRANCE DIDGERIDOO ALL OF HIM RAIN MY DAD THANKSGIVING I DONT HAVE A FAVORITE BOSSI OH MAN ALL OF THEM

I have nothing more to tell you people. As always, it’s an honor writing out words for you folks. Stay golden, Colby.