Hello friends and enemies, I hope you have all been doing well in these stressful pre-break weeks we are in. If you have not been doing well, eat some chocolate. Or watch Netflix. Or kick someone. I guarantee any of these will help. Here be the minutes:

What we been doing:

• Dialogue Trips:
    • Rachel was one of two trippers, they walked around a pee loop, talked about stuff, “it was like mmm”-Julia. There was nudity.
    • Anna and Co. actually took the trail, then went on lake and were penguins. They might have seen urine.
    • Fini and crew did not manage to get to the cabin, but said some good stuff and ate some good food.
    • Good food all around.
  • Tanner and Eli climbed a tree yesterday and got busted by security. They’re probably gonna get expelled, say goodbye to them while you have the chance.
  • Emma went ice skating on Great Pond! Hit her up if you wanna skate.
  • Sara and Mo saw at least one tree in NYC (did not climb it).
  • Some peoples saw Audrey Peterman speak at Bates. ‘twas rad.
  • Logan chopped down trees with chainsaws! I’m very scared of him. He also got the ES truck stuck on Wednesday. But then he turned a knob and he was all good. Lesson: always check the knobs.

What we gonna be doing:

• Keenan wants to lead a trip! Let him know if you’re interested in leading with him.
  • Sara’s leading a clinic this Wednesday from 7-8pm. Might be on knot-tying, but maybe knot.
  • Tuesday night 7-9 pm roll clinic with Wolf-Dog (Ryan Linehan) and Spencer! Sign ups go live tonight.
  • Special office hour with Logan Thursday at noon focused on gear, stop by if you want to help.

Them Bigelow Buddies:

• Events:
    • Wednesday after spring break we will be screening “An American Ascent”, a documentary on the first all-African American ascent of Denali! Link to the website is here: http://www.anamericanascent.com/.  
    • Community Outreach is planning a community hike in the arb with families and professors and such on the first weekend of April (more info on the way).  
    • There are plans of an adventure race!!! Talk to Hannah with ideas for events of the race.
    • FACES (not sure why i wrote ‘faces’ in my notes, but I thought I’d keep it in here).
  • Trips:
    • Meeting tomorrow at 6:30 pm with Monique (and others!). Continued work on new ERP and other helpful forms. HELP THEM.
  • Gear: Meetings. Gear. Clinics. Chris. Friends (none).
  • Cabin: Logan brought wood to cabin. Spencer did not. Hoorah.

Weird Things Sara Says:

• We are now a monarchy. Cassandra and Sara are the queens. Amy’s the dragon. Emma’s the moat. Mo’s the drawbridge. Most importantly, Spencer’s the court jester.

Emma:

• Round River!! Study abroad in Patagonia, Costa Rica, Namibia, possibly other places?  You get to do conservation and outdoorsy things, which is really the dream. Talk to Emma if you’re interested and my description gave you literally no information. She has flyers. Here’s a link to their website: http://www.roundriver.org/student-programs/.

Sam (Me!):

• Here’s a little blurb on Overland (a wonderful company that I just happen to work for): 

Overland Information Meeting: Wednesday, March 9th at 7PM in Diamond 141

Overland is hiring exceptional college students to lead summer programs. We offer service, leadership, language, hiking & biking programs to students in grades 4-12. Our staff of 200 leaders spend 10 days training and 6 weeks leading programs. We are looking for Colby students who are responsible, charismatic, dynamic and love working with kids. Attend our short presentation to learn about Overland, where you come in as a potential leader, and how to take the next step to apply. 

Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll put you in touch with them.

Hot Wall:

• Jacob Wall is officially a trip leader! Here are his hot seat answers:
    • I DO LIKE MINERALS BUT I DO LIKE CARS WALL YES I LIKE HIS EARS TRAVIS UH KOOLAID I DONT USE SHAMPOO NOTHING SOUNDS LIKE A WIND QUARTET SECOND FLOOR IN PULVER THERES A NICE VIEW OF MILLER ITS BEAUTIFUL PROBABLY THE NORTH CASCADES MAYBE IN ARIZONA NEAR THE YEAH WITH YOU SAW MY BUTT

That’s all, folks. Try not to eat any live aquatic creatures over the next week. We’re all human though.