Hey all, welcome back to your favorite weekly blog post about a meeting in a room with a lot of couches. There’s a lot of other choices out there, and we (I) truly appreciate your continued patronage. This week, a shining star sat amongst us. Wolfdog “Ryan” Linehan abandoned his weekly routine of watching the meeting through a micro-camera planted in Spencer “Camera-Eye” Martin’s left pupil and mingled with the curious masses. The following is the truth, the whole truth, and everything but the truth:
What we been up to:
- Eli “Lettuce” Hanschka” and Eric “Slug” Carlson went to Sugarloaf Mountain Bike Festival. There were some cool demos. There was blood and sweat but no nudity but blood could have been seen had their been nudity. Also no tears (seems like a lie).
- Julia “Ehr” von Air is a nerd and went on a field trip this weekend. There were SHEEP there.
- Common Ground Fair happened! For those who didn’t go or don’t know what it is or went but are still confused, it’s essentially just a really big celebration of Maine with rabbits and falafel and such. Cassandra “Alumni-Don’t-Get-Nicknames” Biette was there.
- The best people ever (definitely no bias) went to Bigelow and did a 13-mile loop and it was super fun and we camped a lot and went to Common Ground. There was sweat and debatable other things. There was also an upside-down bunny.
- Kaitlin “DUCK DUCK DUCK” Volk and 7 rad other peoples and Wolfdog went canoeing and some of them are certified and that’s what Kaitlin had to say about that.
- Tanner “Frenchman” Boucher and Park “The-Cah”-ley and Tevis “Keens” Vitale and Mickey “Middle Name” Spencer did crag climbing and there was blood and poop and it was good. They sent.
- Chloe “Gimli” Boehm and Brittany “B-Boss” Bossi and Greyson “Grayson” Butler and Soren “Porcupine” Denlinger and Meghan “Ace” Hurley went to the Whites and GREGORY “No Nickname Necessary” NAIGLES saved them from ultimate disaster. Not all peaks were climbed, but all fun was had.
- Dylan “Triple Date” Cincotta went to the Acadia Sky Festival and it was pretty much just a date. It was really cool. Pretty stars and pretty bubbles.
- PJ “Pearse Jacob” Benson went to New Hampshire to climb very big rock.
- Jake “Fantastic Mr. Fox” Hagler and Lisa “Paddle Queen” Blackmer-Raynolds went kayaking! They met some cool kayakers. No b/s/n/t. Pretty boring overall.
- Dalton “Couch” Carter looked VERY comfortable on the couch during the meeting.
- Roger “Daredevil Stone set up a slackline all the way across Miller lawn (250-300 feet) and WALKED IT ALL. This is literally the coolest thing that’s ever happened.
What shall we be doing:
- Mo “Money” Legault and Rachel “Early” Bird (or Michael “Sand Wedge” Kramer) are climbing Mount Philips Wednesday night in the dark. Both headlamps and eye patches will not be provided.
- Kaitlin wants to lead a moderate trip; Julia may co-lead it.
- Carina “Quotation Marks” Wallack wants to do Sugarloaf and Spalding as a day hike either Saturday or Sunday.
- Grace “Grace” Fowler would love to lead a hike to Tumbledown to swim before it gets too cold; also maybe a trail run in the arb.
- There’s some cool running thing going on at Quarry Road, keep an eye out for more info.
- Maddy “Colby Card” Wendell is looking to lead a moderate-strenuous day hike, probably with Grace.
- KAYAK ROLL CLINICS are starting this week Wednesdays at 7. Sign ups posted on the calendar Tuesday nights.
- Logan “Katahdin-is-the-best-mountain-in-Maine” Gillen wants to lead a Tumbledown-esque trip Saturday.
- Spencer wants to bike on mountains Wednesday afternoon.
- Talk to K Council ASAP if you have any interest in leading a fall break or spring break trip!
- Leader Training Trip this weekend at Mount Blue! Keep an eye out for sign ups if you’re interested in becoming a leader! Ask Owens “I-want-to-put-her-real-first-name-here-but-I’m-afraid-of-her” Strawinski and/or Brittany if you have any questions!
- Right Twix wins 28 to 25. Everything is right with the world.
- If you think Milky Ways are criminally underrated, let me know. I’m thinking of forming a club or society or cult or something.
- If you went on the canoeing trip with Wolfdog, talk to Owens and Brittany ASAP.
- IF YOU’RE POSTING A TRIP ON THE CALENDAR DON’T COPY AND PASTE FROM AN EMAIL.
- Tent Party was awesome! Some (but not all) were set up. Thursdays 7-8, email Abby “Another Try” Mulligan or Park if you’re interested in helping out!
- If you checked out your gear this past week, it’s due this Friday!
- Events/Community Outreach:
- Game night this Thursday 7-9 pm!
- Parents weekend hike in the arb; we need leaders and trippers.
- Whittling will begin this Wednesday night 7-8 pm in the COC office. It will be rad.
- Sugaring Cabin is actually being worked on
- Talk to Ryan “Bravo” Clemens” or Lydia “Lydia” Wasmer if you’re interested in sugaring!
- Kaitlin has become a leader. She hot seated and these are her answers:
- DIGERIDONT I ONLY KNOW HITLER CORSET OVERALLS HOLDING ONTO A TREE LEFT TWIX PINTAIL IS A BEAUTIFUL SPECIES OF DUCK THREE DAYS AGO I LIKE TO KEEP THEM NEAT NEATURE I REALLY LIKE THE SINGLE STALLS IN LOVEJOY CRUMPLE I DONT LIKE EITHER I DONT LIKE MELONS IN GENERAL TEA HANNAH I HAVE THESE FLEECE SOCKS YOU BUY THEM BASED OFF OF SHOE SIZE I DONT KNOW LIKE A 6 AND A HALF