I’m writing to inform you that this past week there was a coup within the ranks of the K-council. Your ever faithful sexcretary, Samuel L. Krum(b)holz, was usurped by myself (Julia) the former sexcretary-to-the-sexcretary and now official keeper of the minutes. Sam is unable to comment because his writ of habeas corpus has been suspended, and I can neither confirm nor deny his current location. So to all those eagerly awaiting the weekly edition of Sam’s minutes (sorry not sorry), and to all those using this to procrastinate homework (me) let us begin:
TRIPS WE DONE DID:
- LTT was L.I.T. Owens, and Hannah, and Anna, and Chloe, and Brittany, and Lilli (Life Alert) , and Max, and Catherine, and Olivia, and Julia, and Greyson, and Tanner, and others whom I did not get to write down went to Mount Blue for a leader training trip and there was “too much learning” and also “we went mushroom hunting and found many cool mushrooms that we ate, yay!” YIPPEE FOR NEW LEADERZZZ AND NOT EATING HALLUCINOGENIC SHROOMS.
- Mo has no friends and hiked French Mountain in the dark. It was cloudy and the stars allegedly disappeared…which I can only rationally conclude means THE UNIVERSE IS ENDING AND WE ARE ALL IN MORTAL PERIL.
- Laura (one of my dearest coot baby children) and others went to Mount Battie, and then went to the beach and saw DOGS. PUPPIES >LITERALLY EVERY HUMAN EVER. 10/10 trip because doggos were seen.
- Abby, Soren, Ryan, and squad hiked Mt. Abraham. Nudity, sweat, and blood?!?! (it is unclear). More importantly there was a harvest festival and r-o-l-l-i-n-g f-a-t-t-i-e-s. Possibly the best day ever.
- Maddy, Logan, and Andrew climbed Old Speck. Old Speck is the 3rd or possibly 4th highest peak in Maine, it’s contentiously debated. Tune in later for more answers to this and other COC mysteries including: How did the forks get up there? Where is the juice? and Why is Spencer pretty?
- Spencer hiked French Mountain with his fam and puppies they ran into other puppies and the puppies didn’t get along and they had to hike in opposite directions, why can’t we all just be friends, ya feel? Also PSA there was a fire on French Mountain this past summer. Remember kids only YOU can prevent forest fires. #LNT #smokythebear
TRIPS WE GON’ DO:
- Kaitlin wants to lead a trip to Mount Coburn (not the dorm). Her guide book says it rivals the best views in Maine + it will be extra pretty because of that güd fall foliage (peace. love. temperate deciduous forests.)
- Eric wants to lead a tumbledown hike. That’s all I have for this bullet. Move on, please.
- PJ “trips to my house” Benson and sister Peej might go hike with the Williams Outing Club in the whites (ps Williams’ mascot is a purple cow but they call themselves the Ephs…should I know what ephs are? lmk please)
- If you need someone to babysit your parents this weekend send them to the Perkins Arboretum and Bird Sanctuary for a parents weekend hike (with Jake, maybe????)
- LET US KNOW IF YOU WANT TO LEAD ONE
- Wolfdog Linehan (aka Dad (aka Ryan)) will be leading a legendary canoe trip over fall break. Btw probability of seeing moose/mooses/meese increases by 200% percent in the presence of Wolfdog.
- If Logan doesn’t go on Ryan’s trip he will lead a separate and less moose filled canoe trip.
- CMC FALL BREAK. THE MOUNTAINEERING CLUB HAS BREECHED THE INNER SANCTUM OF THE COC. COME CLIMB IN ACADIA. There will definitely be one trip, maybe two, no climbing experience necessary. (if you want more deets, send me email@example.com an email and I’ll add you to the CMC email list)
THANKSGIVING (aka everyone pls give thanks for Fini Just):
- Fini Just (literal cinnamon roll, too good for this world, too pure) will hopefully be leading a trip over thanksgiving for international students and others who can’t go home for the holiday. She needs a co-lead.
- Spring break trip proposals will be due in mid November. Talk to K-Council as ASAP as possible.
CAN YOU CANOE? DO YOU DRIVE?
- If you’ve had your driver’s license for 3 years or more and would like to get Colby certified to haul trailers loaded with large water sleds (read: canoes) then hit up K-council for more info.
- Abby said she had nothing new to talk about but she actually has loads to talk about. Please keep returning gear. ALSO we have NEW microspikes! Yay! There will be a gear meeting this Tuesday from 7-8. Abby and Parky Park have office hours on Thursday at 7-8.
- There will hopefully be another LTT in November. Also we have so many new leaders in training looking for co-leads and shadows…help them blossom into beautiful full fledged leaders.
- PPD crushed all of their hopes and dreams. They didn’t approve a new sugah shack. Talk to Ryan Clemens if you want to get involved with sugaring/console him on his crushed dreams.
- Events/ Community Outreach:
- The COC will be helping with activities for fall fest, more deets to come.
CONNECT WITH US:
- fb message/mail/text/carrier pigeon/signal flare to Hannah Bossi if you want to join the Friends of the COC facebook group or the COC groupme.
- hit up these sweet instas: @colbyoutingclub, @colbymountaineeringclub, @colbyfreeride
Amy, mushrooms, future leaders on LTT, Logan’s warm fuzzy beard, people on top of Abraham who helped with directions, Sam Krum, Greg for looking at Colby, people that got naked on Tumbledown, people that got naked on Abraham, Kaitlin for being a warm and fuzzy person, Amy for creating warm fuzzies, buildings warmed by renewable energy, dana having blue cheese and feta cheese, my coot daughters, chilliams, mom
ALSO MAJOR WARM FUZZIES TO GRACE FOWLER BECAUSE HER STORY TIME WAS AMAZING AND SHE GAVE ME ALL THE FEELS. EVERYONE LOVE HER PLEASE.