Well folks, this is my last official minutes for you all. It’s been an honor transcribing notes into barely understandable minutes for you wonderful people, but I will now be giving up the reigns to the wonderful Julia von Ehr. I’ll try to jump in and do minutes once or twice when Julia finally misses a meeting (unlikely), but I can’t promise anything. For now, enjoy:
What we been up to:
- Lilli and Sophie and probably their trippers went to Douglas Mountain. Unfortunately, there were no Douglas Fir trees. Apparently there are none this side of the easternmost Douglas Fir trees in the country.
- Jake and others went to Morse Mountain and the beach. They felt the sand between their toes. There was nudity, but only their feet. There was also jam, commonly known as fruit blood.
- Fini and Greyson led a fantastic Thanksgiving trip and had fun. “We had a good mixture” – Fini
- Kaitlin went up Tumbledown with some home friends. Found a crevasse. Also went up Mount Zircon. Was lame at first. Wasn’t lame later.
- Nat went to Sugarloaf and saw people. She learned how to ski, sort of.
- Mo ran a turkey trot on Thanksgiving morning. She beat all the young children, which was her only goal.
- Logan went to the Bigelows for the first time. Didn’t get naked, unfortunately and surprisingly.
- Ryan (Wolfdog) sat in a woodfired hot tub right next to the Dyer River, proving yet again that literally everything he does is cool.
FUTURE (there’s not a lot of future because the semester’s ending):
- Sunday night study skating break on the hockey rink 7:30-9:30 with Skate Club and Hawaii Club(?!)! Keep a lookout for more info.
Mittens vs. Gloves:
- Mittens 23 vs. Gloves 19. “Gloves are like each finger has their own mitten”-hbossi
- ALERT: Since Wolfdog voted for gloves and his vote is worth 6, gloves now actually wins by 1 vote.
- SECOND ALERT: I did not watch the whole video in the link for mittens, so my apologies if it gets even weirder than it started out. It started out pretty weird, so that could get bad.
NEW Bigelow Budz:
- We have New BIGELOW BUDZ!!!
- The new Sugaring co-Committee Head is Martin Deutsch!
- The new Community Outreach Committee Head is Natalie Joyce!
- A HUGE HUGE thank you to Anna Caughron, Rachel Bird, and Lydia Wasmer for all the work they have done as committee heads over the past semester, and well wishes for their travels abroad.
- Tons of new leaders!
- Winter training!
- Add it to your profile!
- New hiking boots!
- Events/Community Outreach:
- Haven’t met in a while.
- If you entered your name in for a spot on one of our Spring Break trips, you will hear back by the middle of this week!
- Grace told us all about High Mountain Institute (HMI)! Here’s a recap:
Summer Term (internship)– A five-week program (with ~4 weeks of training) that combines academics, rock climbing, fly fishing, and wilderness expeditions in the Rockies. As an intern you will help teach courses, lead backpacking expeditions, support residential life, and play an integral role in creating a wonderful summer!
Apprentice Program– Professional residency program in traditional and outdoor education.
HMI Gap– Semester program for students ages 18-22. The fall semester focuses on rock climbing, wilderness, and conservation in the American West and Patagonia, while the spring semester focuses on wilderness, conservation, and culture in Patagonia.Head to http://www.hminet.org/
about-hmi/mission-and-programs or contact Grace Fowler (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information!
- Michael became leader!
- ANSWERS: DIAMOND THIRD FLOOR STALIN THREE NOT OFTEN ENOUGH I DONT KNOW FORGOT TO PUT THEM ON YOU BASEMENT OF OLIN DOGS IVE NEVER BEEN IN THE YEAR AND A HALF IVE BEEN HERE CHEDDAR I KNOW ITS BORING BRIE WHAT
- Nat became leader!
- ANSWERS: FOLD TOTE ROAD ITS THE ONLY ONE IVE EVER BEEN DOWN DIDGERIDOO FLANNEL KANGAROO THIS KID NAMED CARSON HE HAD BLONDE HAIR FUZZY MATCHING CRUNCHY ARMADILLO PEANUT BUTTER LEFT
- Harry became leader!
- ANSWERS: SPENCER DARK CHOCOLATE WITH THE SEA SALT BRIEFS GEESE I HAD TO LEAVE THOSE SHOES WITH THE GIANT RIBBONS ON THEM ONES WITH POM POMS KNEW ID BE HOT SEATING THE CHAIRS ON THE THIRD FLOOR
- Lilli became leader!
- ANSWERS: ELI CAPTAIN AMERICA WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS PORPOISES COC FUDDRUCKERS HELL YEAH PROVOLONE EVERYWHERE DECIDUOUS GRANITE PICK N SAVE
- Greyson became leader!
- ANSWERS: OWENS YES HOFFMEISTER CONCERTO 2017 UH ANTLERS LOBSTER GREY1026 CRAWFISH MYSELF DEFINITELY THE TURKEY BREAST ROTARY PUMPKIN PIE