What a time to be alive – A beautiful secretarial interim. @Sam- I am your father. @Julia- game on. Welcome to 2k17 all! Stuff will happen!
What have we done?!
- Michael went to a fortress ( a castle on a mountain) in Israel. He saw the dead sea.
- Anna & Duncan & Alyssa went not snowshoeing in acadia. Tactical Buttsliding most definitely occurred. Microspikes were remembered.
- Park and Lilli and Katie went XC skiing. Park is now in Bermuda. Apparently unrelated.
- Keenan snowshoooooo’d on Runnals. Snow said to have a similar crunch to an Oreo. Unclear on whether or not it was Double Stuf
- ICE COOT WAS DANK
- Some snowshoers didn’t use snowshoes… intruiging
- Other snowshoers carried snowshoes for nearly an hour.
- Fish were caught from beneath the ice. Hiking also occured!
- Rumor has it that Karlene was here snowmobiling!!
- Indoor climbers pranked a lot.
What’s happenin’ in ’17?
- Lilli wants some low-key MicroSpike action on Sunday. Possibly to the west Coast
- Max is leading an XC ski clinic on TUESDAY! 1pm-ish. Contact email@example.com to colead with him!!
- Logan wants Cadillac sunrise hike on Sunday. Possibly has a co-lead?!
- Julia wants a sunset French hike! PSA that Logans low-key and Julia’s low-key are probably a little different. This one will be more low-key for beginner adventurers!
- Anna wants to → Acadia (again! yay!)
- Tele clinic Wednesday at da Loaf. Led by Ryan and Spencer. Unequivocally the best thing in the coming week. No experience necessary!
- Winter Skillz Training- 5-8pm on Wednesday with Ryan
Signups will go live Tuesday night! @Leaders, send me your blurb by tomorrow night to be included in the trips email!
- Gear: New Skates New Sleds New Skis New Pants New other stuff
- Gear Hours Tues/Thurs 7-8pm
- Trips: JanPlan is the time to become a leader! Do winter skillz stuff!
- Trip Hours Mon 7-8pm
- Cabin/Sugaring: Meetings will occur immediately after outing email ends!
- Events/Community Outreach: Welcoming Nat as the new chair! Upcoming things:
- Night of a Thousand Glowsticks- 1/23
- Contradance on 1/17 (Contact Abbey Gracey if you want a Contradance Club!!)
- Lots of other STUFF
WFR is happening over JanPlan break- Contact Logan (firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested. This is an industry standard for many outdoorsy jobs!
EMT –> Wilderness EMT bridge course being offered in Febuary. Email Spencer (email@example.com) if interested! PSA this is open to folks currently in the JanPlan EMT class.
Matt Johnson is Warm&Fuzzy
OHO MEANS OFFICIALLY HANGING OUT, BUT NOT LEAVE. HANG OUT WITH US WE ARE COOL. ESPECIALLY DURING OFFICE HOURS. CAUSE THAT’S WHEN WE ARE THE COOLEST I SWEAR!!!
PS Join our email list: http://www.colby.edu/outingclub/how-to-add-yourself-to-the-coc-mailing-list/