THE FIRST MEETING OF THE SECOND SEMESTER OF THE YEAR. From the bottom of my heart I’d like to welcome back all avid readers of this forum/ lovers of the outdoors. Here be the minutes:
Jan Plan Break and Beyond:
- People went skiing at sugarloaf (shocking, I know)
- Max, and Maddy, and Fini, and Sam, and some Acadia Mountain Guides mountaineered up Katahdin. They also mountaineered down Katahdin. It was sendy.
- The once and future sexcretaries (Samwise and myself) made a triumphant return to the COC after jan plans off campus with a less than triumphant hike to Mount Megunticook, followed by lunch on Mount Battie, and a stroll to a lighthouse.
- Abby went to Quebec and cross country skied in FRENCH. It was fun.
- L cubed (Laura, Lilli, Lola) went on a hike to Sears Island. They saw some “nice” rocks.
- Spencer is taking a WEMT class, that’s like an EMT but with upgraded Wilderness skills.
- Bossi squad + Julia went on Johnson pond. (Johnson pond PSA, don’t let your skates get stuck in the cracks, you will fall).
- Grace “the truant” Fowler skipped the first 3 days of school and back country skied in COLORADO with E Q Wood (we are all envious).
- Fini, Maxwell, and Soren are leading a hike up one of the many Bald Mountain’s in Maine (more on exact location later)
- Lilli and Catharine (??) are leading a trip to do some trail work in Bradbury State Park.
- The Second Annual French Mountain sun rise + Early Bird breakfast hike is happening. It will be led by myself and the Notorious HJB (Hannah Jean Bossi).
Super Duper Future outside:
- Talk to Abby if you’re interested in leading a white water rafting trip (with guides) this spring
Adirondack Trail Improvement Society (SUMMER JOB!!!!!):
- Sophie worked here for like 6 years. You get to work on a trail crew (no experience necessary) and help maintain over 105 miles of trails in the Adirondacks. Email Sophie (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- BANFF Mountain Film Festival is going on TOUR in Maine. We are trying to organize transportation to go this weekend. So keep your eyes peeled for another email from meeeee. Here’s the trailer for it. Get amped.
- Trips: Trips descriptions go to Julia (not Sam) now. They need to be in before 8 on Monday.
- Gear: meetings Tuesdays and Thursdays on Wednesday
- Keenan made a movie starring Sage and Max. There will be a screening at 6pm on Thursday in Lovejoy 100. BE THERE OR BE SQUARE.
- Hannah Peters’ farmer heart needed to go study agriculture and we miss her dearly…but we now have an open committee head spot, apps are due before next week’s meeting.
Shout outs from Sam/Spencer: Apply for COOT and Hall Staff!!!!
Peace n luv,
PS Next week is bring a new person to a meeting week. Bring your friends!!!