Although it seemed like spring had sprung, the weather quickly said “nope” and plummeted back to arctic temperatures. Which means we’ve got SNOW coming our way. If that makes you excited for more snow shenanigans then get amped! If that makes you angry beyond belief because you just put away your snow boots and are sick of winter…well, sorry (but, hey, spring break is in a week)! Here’s what we’ve been up to:
Some time in the past:
- Spencer and Mom Spencer went in the arboretum for a stroll, they got lost, Spencer contemplated leaving his mother alone in the woods, they got unlost, they went to pub night, all was well.
- Spencer attached sticks to his feet and went downhill (skiing). Woo!
- Abby said she went for a walk around Johnson Pond on a warm, sunny day…nobody believes her because “warm” is not how I would describe last week’s weather.
- Logan and Brother Logan and Father Logan went cross country skiing at Sloaf.
- Speaking of cross country skiing…Charlie went to New Hampshire to watch NCAAs and apparently someone named Zane did well. Go Zane.
- Owens, Lisa, Ian, and Michael went on a guided jaunt up Katahdin. I hear that’s a pretty easy hike to do in the middle of the winter. (In case you didn’t pick up on my sarcasm I am KIDDING and they are RAD).
- Max and Sam and others walked into the arb before sunrise on Saturday and promptly left because it was freakin’ cold. They then randomly decided to go watch the sunrise on Miller steps, no one else was there as no college student has any reason to be on Miller steps at 5:58am on a Saturday morning.
- LOL kidding, happy belated Perrocabeza.
- There won’t be any trips going out next weekend due to the fact that EVERYONE WILL BE ON SPRING BREAK.
- But while you are still at Colby enjoy the snow this week!
SPRANG BREAK: THE SEQUEL- GEAR
- If you want gear from the COC for your outdoor adventures YOU NEED TO SEND AN EMAIL TO email@example.com BY TOMORROW.
- Gear is being allocated to spring break trips right now so if you come in on Thursday evening looking for gear chances are there won’t be any left for you.
SPRANG BREAK: THE TRILOGY – PHOTOS
- If you happen to be taking photos while you are out and about romping in the wild over spring break send them to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post them to the COC INSTA!
- PICS PICS PICS WOOT WOOT WOOT
Franks vs. Cholula
- Franks: 3 (heathens)
- Cholula: 9 (Chloe Boehm phoned in from New Zealand and voted for Cholula an additional 37 times)
- if you need anything for spring break fill out the form before TUESDAY
- don’t move anything in the COC office or ABBY WILL PERSONALLY SEE TO YOUR DEMISE
- the weather is funky but they’re collecting sap
- Events/Community Outreach:
- Movie night on Thursday?????
Next Year Elections:
- Elections for next school year’s committee heads and K-council positions are going to be soon after spring break
- So keep that info in yer noggin if you’re thinking of running for one of these positions
ALRIGHT NERDS, HAVE FUN ON SPRING BREAK.
PEACE, I’M OUT.