After an excruciatingly long break, the long-awaited return of Sexcretary Krumholz is already here, if only for one week. So it’s time to dust off those reading glasses, polish those reading chairs, and get ready for a doozy. The following are the mostly-true, probably-unadulterated goings-on of the Outing Club this past week.
What we definitely did:
- Dom ‘More or’ Leskiw (and others) watched the sunrise Friday morning then ate one pancake. For those wondering, the pancake was larger than his face (an above-average 13 face units)
- Taryn ‘Go’ Waite went skiing on Friday – it was fun
- Michael ‘Definitely not Cosmo’ Kramer and Macey ‘Smallfire’ Broadwater led a trip to Megunticook – Macey said it was “wonderful, spectacular, cemetery, fruitful”
- Luke ‘PB and’ Kelly and Sam ‘Falls Into’ Wells and Henry ‘The’ Doud and others (including me!) went to Bald Mtn, yet (unexpectedly but thankfully) did not become bald
- Max ‘Honest’ Abramson went XC skiing at Quarry Road on Monday – no one asked him a follow up question
- People played with glow sticks on Monday! Bentley ‘Tippy’ Meyer did not fall over, which I for one don’t believe
- Charlie ‘Corn on the’ Cobb went XC skiing all day every day, which seems a little extreme (XCtreme?) in my opinion
- Dom ‘Nickname Already Established’ Leskiw and Macey ‘Ditto’ and others went sledding on Friday – Dom almost hit a tree accidentally, did hit his roommate on purpose
- Max went to foss and danced in contra style
What we probably will do:
- Max wants to lead a cross country skiing clinic sometime this week (preferably Tuesday)
- The Colby Garden is hiring student workers – ask Nick Pattison (email@example.com) about it!
- Soren probably wants to lead two trips per weekend for the rest of the semester – he wasn’t at the meeting but it seems likely
Wilderness First Responder:
- If you’re interested in the Wilderness First Responder course taking place over Jan Plan Break, get in contact with Max Abramson (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately!
- Ryan is running another tele skiing clinic; keep an eye out for sign ups
- There will be another Winter Katahdin trip in February on the 24th and 25th! Keep an eye out for sign ups going out soon.
Question of the Week:
- Fruit at bottom – 9
- Flavoring – 6
- Spring LTT(s)(?)
- Tell us (email@example.com) if you know where to get good cheap snow pants!
- Skates have been sharpened!
- We’ll be sending people to the MYTAC trailwork summit in March; if you’re interested, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com for more info
- Macey became a leader!
- THE SINGLE BATHROOM THATS ON THE FIRST FLOOR OF FOSS THE INCREDIBLES THAT ONE [redacted] TEN TWO COOKIE DOUGH KATAHDIN CRUMPLE DIDGERIDOO PEANUT BUTTER CRUNCHY