hello hello hello
here’s another edition of the COC weekly minutes, prepared like momma used to make & served hot.
I strongly encourage you to enjoy
what we done did!
- max went up the carters and it was awesome
- soren went night-walking and saw an owl
- zach rowed on messalonskee stream wow!
- addy tapped some trees, very maine-like
- max also went on a night hike up french mountain, saw more than five stars
- brittany and hannah and her parents visited the actual third bossi up north, visited the bangor city forest, saw snow fleas, but they don’t bite
- grace walked around campus in her crocs
- hannah went to the spacecoc clinic! (part deux to follow)
- michael and max led a trip up sanders hill, it went very well, wonderful times for all!
- there’s a trip hiking in baxter RIGHT NOW but they are currently unfacetimeable
- editors note: right now was 7:15 PM on sunday
what we gon do
- michael stone says there’s kayak clinics! maybe, unless the leaders go on the tele clinics
- look for email
- hannah and michael want to cross country ski up by sugarloaf!
- would like some experienced folks to go with
- soren wants to lead a night hike one night! with hannah perhaps!
- julia might lead a trip, there might be a dialogue trip
- mo wants to sit in the snow in lieu of hiking
- macey and emma probably wanna lead a hike sometime
- two coc leaders and a trained facilitator lead a hike out to a Maine Huts and Trails hut to have a discussion about the outdoors and another topic – social justice, colby, etc.
- good food, good huts, good convos
- “would recommend” – sam
- “sometimes you end up in the middle of a lake” – julia
primitive skills thing
- this is a thing, potentially
- there is a cost, potentially
- fires, shelters, eating stuff, tracking, what have you
- interest form is out there currently
- sign ups later this week if it will actually happen
- julia’s doppelganger?
- unanimous yes
- wanna know how to do the reimbursement forms?
- wanna drive for the coc form?
- talk to anna caughron after the meeting / in general
- submit your t shirt design!
- submissions due the friday before doghead! (the 16th of march)
- thursday nights, there shall be gear activities (labels! fixing! cookies!)
- third winter katahdin!
- march 17th and 18th! also doghead
- there will be goldfish
- EVERYONE should sign up
- email will be out soon! (lottery style again)
- super tentative coc sleepover!
- no windows so you can’t tell what time it is!
cabin and sugaring both absent
all camden comrades absent