it is the grayest of days. color once abounded and the hills flowed with life, but bleaker days are upon us now. soon, snow will twirl, streams will atrophy, and skies will darken at a truly ungodly hour. gather up your little acorns and hunker down for the long, long winter.
embrace the void! seek out the marcescent beeches, the crunchiest of desiccated leaves, and the crispest fall air! lead a trip, sign up for a trip, or say screw it to trips and venture out solo!
that is all from soren’s soapbox. enjoy your week!*
*unless you have a big ol’ geology module due, in which case, tough luck.
what we done did
- jackie went to acadia on the leader training trip and then people raised hands if they were on it and man there will a lot of people. definitely sweat, apparently some blood, metaphorical tears due to ice
- someone and dominick went up french mountain after class on the really warm / nice day, since there was only one this week (rip)
- michael saw blood sweat and tears at a half marathon in the scandalous state of new hampshire
- grace and soren and chris went up the bigelows (in carrabassett not boothbay) and it was very snowy. snowballs were thrown but frostnip was held at bay
- that is all. y’all have room for improvement
what we gon do
- on saturday alex and megan will reattempt saddleback!
- michael and soren on sunday, will go look at a syrup making operation in Industry, ME! there will be a newspaper there apparently? also maybe a side trip to a trail to look at some water / trees
- max wants to lead a trip on saturday. kaitlin is picky but wants to do that. sam kwon also wants to co lead so he takes priority. nevermind he is busy. kaitlin is back to being #1
- grace might maybe want to do something chilly / chill on sunday eve. nothin strenuous
- michael stone would be down for a night hike?? sometime this week?? to explore something?? michael kramer may want to co lead . michael squared.
- wilderness first aid sign ups have completed
- 26 people signed up !
- saturday and sunday
- if you got into the training, you will find out on monday!
- CER is running a wfr/wemt course the first and second weekends in february!
- and we are helping them with sign ups!
- express your interest here!
- it’s like a more in depth wfa!
- if you have questions talk to sam max or taryn since they took it last year
- not entirely subsidized by the club 🙁 but we can help in some situations!
- those situations would be:
- if your WFA is up for recertification AND
- you promise to lead two trips for us in the next calendar year THEN
- we can pay for $150 of it
- those situations would be:
- there is a coc thanksgiving trip! the trip is full but there are spots on the waitlist!
- they’re staying at the coc cabin and doing some hikes and then camping in acadia and it sounds FUN
- come help the coc celebrate the giving of thanks!
- and help out the dock!
- at the cabin!
- bring some food because we’ll all devour it after the dock-taking-out
new events head!
- it is bentley
- he has risen!
- it will be next monday at 6!
- 3 hours with ryan linehan in diamond!
- fun and educational and REQUIRED to lead trips with snow on the ground
- look for an email / a spot in the weekly email about it
- ALSO a training in winter camping
- in jan plan or early spring
- for coc leaders
- learn how to lead a trip! in the winter! in the snow! overnight!
what matters to me and why!
- ryan linehan’s is this wednesday at noon in bobby silberman!
- go go go!
- use it in place of a meal swipe!
- bigelow or smallehigh?
- bigelow 8
- smallehigh 17
- stunning results tbh
- stay tuned for COCSGIVING INFO
- AND trivia night!!!!
- in the pub
- also welcome tley meyer
- snowpants arrived! they are teal. not green @megan
- second order of gear this week???? stay tuned
- coc helicopter (cocicopter?)
- LTT was a smashing success
- they moved wood!
- it still exists
- but it is not plowed
- diversity and inclusion
- absent but they helped put together the thanksgiving trip!