freezing! rain! hide! yourselves! and! your! cats! if! applicable! but for real, stay warm out there kiddos. warmth strategies: sit v close to the radiator, wear all of your clothes at once, cover all exposed skin, just um stay inside maybe. wait…
read on my friends! you might find something you like
what we done did
- charlie went to quarry road! he skiied
- he tried to win but he failed.
- shoutout to the snowmakers!
- max went walking through the woods in falmouth
- it was nice and no one wore blaze orange but they were wearing pants
- lily shadowed a trip to mt battie it was fun and cold and icy
- jackie and zoe went to damariscotta and went to a pond with a child who stepped on the pond but jackie and zoe couldn’t and fell through but it was fine because there wasn’t much water and they went to another trail and there was blaze orange and also there were seven children??
- dt went to sugarloaf with will *expressive dancing*
- hannah cronched in the cronch cronch and it was fun
- taryn watched the sunset on a day and it was chillllyyyyyy
- max and soren made snow at quarry road in the night
- megan and soren went up a firetower on red hill
- it was an active fire tower
what we gon do
- bentley says it might snow so he and caroline might snowshoe the arb
- soren wants to go sledding at quarry road
- jackie and zoe want to go to camden saturday
- chill, mountain, ocean
- they are open to suggestion
- taryn and max want to go to burnt mountain
- soren and maybe will are going to a large mountain
- ryan and ian are leading an avalanche safety course
- from 4:30-6:30PM location TBD
- this friday we are having a potluck at the cabin and also remove the dock
- fire, dancing, games, swimming (?)
- this thursday or a later thursday there will be a movie
- we are working off little information here
question of the week
- is celery robust?
- soren is WRONG
- wanna be a trip leader? find the heads
- in the process? you can shadow tripsssssss
- dean you LIED about being at this meeting
- we feel “vindicated but also betrayed”
- dean sightings
- dean promised soren he would be here on a walk
- taryn saw him outside of davis
- he hasn’t skipped history…
- soblu hike shall be rescheduled!
- an effort is occurring to organize the cross country skis
- can the small skis pls be on the bottom?!
- charlie will wax the skis over janplan
- skates might be sharpened
MING IS A LEADER!!!!!!! a hot seat maybe to come in the future
it is i! megan! here to say hello! i surely hope all of my readers were wearing proper footwear (crocs or otherwise) for the SNOWY SNOW SNOW that sparkled down on us. if you have not yet, get out there and stick your tongue out for the hydration of mother nature. or retreat back into your bed, get under the comfy blankies, and wait. only 4 more months until spring…
here’s what happened pre-snow!
what we done did
- caroline went to sanders hill and saw someone with a gun
- she was wearing orange… “oooh this was not bright enough”
- this person was a hunter
- lily went on the LTT with many others
- some went to phillip, others went to french, all went to pisgah
- jackie went biking and it maybe was going to rain then she rode then it poured and she was sad but it was worth it because of the risk
- max (timing sketchy) saw a big tree down at millet house
- it was super cool cuz it broke off 2ft underground
- don’t try to go because it is gone
- margaret has a fork
- dt went skiing at sunday river
- it was really bad but fun yeehaw
what we gon do
- bentley and caroline are going to mt battie!
- lacey and soblu are headed to popham beach on saturday
- come and be with the water
- look for the lighthouses *editor’s note
- christina wants to go to spaulding via sugarloaf
- the lifts currently aren’t running
- maybe go up a trail?
- max and will might lead a trip
- jackie and dt might lead a trip maybe with pancakes
- would you want a confirmation email for packout
- it is happening from 4-6 this thursday in diamond 122
- ryan and jackie are teaching layering, ice travel, etc.
- necessary training to lead winter trips
- another will happen probably in the beginning of spring semester
sniffing expo marker bad?
- the friday before thanksgiving (22nd) we shall gather in the cabin
- potluck style but no pressure
- the dock WILL be taken out
- please take writing these seriously
- the coc has a groupme, find someone who has groupme
- if you are a leader, ask us about our leader groupchat
monday office hours
- they are cancelled
- tuesday-friday still on
question of the week
- the sour patch kid
- happy accident 10
- gross 9
- POPHAM! BEACH! ON! SATURDAY!
- winter leader training
- contact jackie and bentley for leader process questions
- we exist yeah its good come say high
- game night was fun
- absent, wood was brought to the cabin
- DEAN SIGHTINGS
- dean was waiting for the shuttle
- HE MIGHT BE COMING NEXT WEEK
- he was trivia master of history- something about corn
- he responded to a text
- inventory of the sugarbush this tuesday morning
- traipsing through the sugarbush
- measuring the trees
- checkup on the trees
- flag em
- jack will have one stethescope
BIGELOW BUDDY NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS
- we are looking for 2 new bigelow buddies next semester!
- events- anyone can apply
- trips- must be a leader to apply
- write a platform, read said platform, we vote
what are you still doing here?! get into the snow!
lo, I have made my glorious return to the keyboard! how I have missed the sweet, sweet clack of finger on keyboard! the supple caress of plastic on skin! the luxurious taste of qwerty!
regardless, I am back, the consciousness is streamy, and the minutes are once again taking precedence over homework. enjoy!
what we done did
- larkin went on a walk in portland and her knee hurt, plenty of pups though
- jackie and soren tried to go sea kayaking but we only saw kayaking
- bald headed steve said it was too windy
- yay safety i suppose?
- bentley’s fam and also dog went apple picking and then got lost in the sunflower maze
- molly went for a run in the arb literally five minutes ago
- anna played hide n seek in the arb
- she found someone but failed to tag them #insta?
- too slippery
- maybe someone fell from the bridge
- grace tried to hike katahdin but the inreach said rain so they returned
- bentley and his family ALSO hiked mt. phillip and saw some nice leaves
- more than six leaves, less than uh 3 billion
- abby went to reid state park to count some barnacles and then someones quadrat got washed out to see and then washed back to shore so #LNT fulfilled
- other grace also went there and then had another ecology trip to giants stairs
- yay geology and yay seaweed
- ben saw autumn, walking in the arb (it’s real)
- julia didn’t do much and walked with a dog on runnals
- russ johnson’s dog pooped on its tennis ball
- megan went to camden with her parents and saw andre the seal in rockport and then went to rockland breakwater light and her dad didn’t like it
- anna part two went swimming at the cabin on friday and there was a fire and it was at the cabin and so was jim from special collections
- yay jim and his bike shorts
- caroline and will and others climbed tumbledown, saw some leaves, but she’s bad at counting and will doesn’t believe in counting
- jackie part two biked to the hume center and then swam after the water spoke unto her and then had a cold bike back
- soren biked down to the oxbow and read a lil bookie book
what we gonna do
- bentley and SJ maybe sunrise french? wednesday?
- jack and maxwell house will summit some mountain (all details tbd)
- caroline is interested in doing something on sunday hit her up
- owen wants to hike sugarloaf and is looking for a co leader (^?)
- soren is going to swan island with anna to peep a 40s ghost town
- grace andrews wants to lead a parents weekend type thing, possibly also not
- grace horne and ming will be hiking mt abraham and jakub will shadow
- christina is thinking about a wednesday sunset of french! perfect circle!! watercolor hike? headlamps?? incredible
- leader training trips! a necessary step in becoming a COC leader
- goes over hard skills (stoves, tents, etc.) and soft ones (leadership)
- first one in two weeks (october 11/12)
- it’s a full weekend – friday overnight to sunday afternoon
- direct questions to jackie or bentley!
- sign ups tomorrow in the weekly email
- wilderness first aid!
- november 2 and 3
- full weekend, 8-4ish each day
- also necessary step in coc leadership process
- if you lead 2 trips post course, then it’s free! or else we’ll bill you. sorry
- also looks good on a resume
- if you have unlimited swipes, fill out ur ID here so we can get pizza and stuff from dane train
unrelated but abby knows her acronyms
- coming up, believe it or not
- three trips going out, sign ups close on sunday night (at 8:30)
- lottery based sign ups
- go see em to find out how to become a leader, or to propose an acronym
cabin, diversity and inclusion, and events absent
- gear exists
- use it
- they love you almost as much as they love gear
- these leaders believe in numbers
- ERGO they will inventory the sugarbush
- thursday at 8 am !
- the sugarbush is down by the hill house but they’ll meet in the coc office
- what is christina knitting?
- a rope to lasso cattle? 3!
- hat? 7?
hot seat – will o’connor!
- arnold palmer
- excellent poll
- head and shoulders
- since spring of senior year
- yes you can
- no i cant
- i’very day
- lights are nice
- number four
- i dont believe in numbers
- thats personal
- uh uh uhh uh uh uh an armchair like la z boy
ta ta my pretties!