What we done did:
- Lacey was unsuccessful in doing work so she went on a really long walk in the upper arb and ran into a person from Delta ambulance, she also saw a bird attack a chipmunk, on campus!
- Taryn went on a hike to the Bigelows and it was beautiful, and they had grey jays come really close to them and landed on someone’s tupperware.
- PSA: Margaret did a woody plants TA session and found some really delicious grapes behind the admissions building (but pay attention to the poison ivy)
- Lindsey went on a sunrise hike, went for a couple runs, and she also went to the woodsmen bonfire and met some new friends
- Abby went for a run the other day and scared a bird into a window, but it flew away!
- Bentley planned on hiking Morse Mountain, but the parking lot was full so he went to Popham Beach
- Taryn went canoeing for her capstone and it was really windy on Tuesday!
- Lacey went to a bog on Tuesday for the first time. She had wanted to go to a bog since before coming to colby, but she finally got to go to one! They also got to take their shoes off and walk through the woods.
What we gonna do:
- Margaret wants to go to Moxie Falls over fall break, Taryn wants to go too! (Look for the sign ups the week before fall break)
- Jack wants to lead a trip this weekend, who wants to lead one with him?
- Lacey wants to go to the Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge, maybe a painting or journaling trip!
- Scavenger hunt in the Arb over Fall Break
- Fly fishing club casting clinic the Friday of fall break
- Some collaborations in the works (woodsmen, space club, ASA, SHOC)
- Whittling Wednesdays is from 7-8 pm at the COC office!
- Friendship bracelets will be made on Miller Steps Thursday with Abby!
- We would like our instagram to be up and running!
- DM colby outing club instagram your photos and they will be posted
- No man’s land film festival will be hosted at Colby on October 16 in Ostrove, but there will be a virtual link for all colby students!
- Let’s make some posters!
- GEAR! We now have gear rentals all set up, so you can come check it out! Office Hours are Monday-Thursday 7-8 pm and Fridays 9-9:45 am, fill out the form and let us know what you want when! Also please return your gear as soon as you are done using it!
- Trips: will go out in the weekly email!
- Hopefully we will get some trips out this weekend! (reach out to jack)
*****Leaders please email me by midnight Sunday with your trip description!*****
-also the trip must be posted at 8pm Tuesday night, or I will email you and I will be upset!
-Fall Break trips sign-ups will be a lottery system, stay tuned for more information!
- D&I: we had a meeting and are making some plans!
- Cabin: absent and the COC cabin remains closed
- Sugaring: absent!
Poll: submitted by Bentley
Crayfish, crawdad, or what?
- Crawdad: 5
- Crayfish: 3
- Other: 0