Our cabin is located 20 minutes from campus on Snug Harbor Road in Belgrade, Maine. If you’re using a GPS or smart phone, please see items 8 and 9, as the cabin itself can be a little hard to find.
- Depart Colby by the 3-way intersection by Johnson Pond. This is Rice Rips Road and it immediately passes over interstate 95. Follow this 1 mile (downhill, over train tracks, short uphill), until it ends at a stop sign.
- Take a left onto Route 23 west and follow for 1.3 miles until you reach a light at a 5-way intersection.
- Go straight (Bear right of the Oakland Furniture Store) onto Route 11.
- Stay right on Route 11, you will travel over a couple of hills and pass a small pond on your right. Slow done when you reach a 200-yard grove of pine trees preceded by a Lion’s Club shield.
- Take a right onto Taylor Woods Road and follow for 0.7 mi. If you miss this turn keep going until route 11 ends and take a right onto route 8 north.
- Turn right onto Route 8/Smithfield Rd. Follow for 0.8 mi.
- Turn left onto Snug Harbor Road, a dirt road. It is possible that this sign no longer exists so pay attention to road signs, You should pass Hatch Cove Road and Damren Road, both on your left, and then Snug Harbor will be the next left.
- Please travel slowly on Snug Harbor road as the residents are very sensitive. Soon the dirt road will come to a fork. Bear right following the faded wooden Colby sign.
- Take your next left to the Cabin. There is parking available on your left when descending to the lake, please do not park at the water front.
Feel free to bring your boats and other toys along with your bathing suits. During warmer months Outing Club canoes may be available for use. There is also a large lawn with a cook-out area and a fire pit. Please practice Leave No Trace: take all your trash with you.
Enjoy your day at the cabin and have fun!