At the Colby Outing Club, we believe that any member of the Colby Community, regardless of experience, should be able to enjoy the Great Maine Outdoors in any way they see fit. For that reason, we carry a wide range of outdoor gear including:
- Hiking and camping gear:
- Three and four season tents and sleeping bags
- Sleeping pads
- Daypacks and backpacks
- Jackets (raincoats, winter coats, etc.)
- Gaiters, snow pants, and other personal gear
- Mountaineering, Ice Climbing, and Snow Gear:
- Snowshoes and microspikes
- Mountaineering boots, crampons and ice axes
- Cross-country and Telemark skis, boots, and poles (no alpine gear)
- Ice skates and hockey sticks
- Whitewater kayaks, canoes and related gear
- Fly fishing gear
- Much more.
We rent great gear to members of the Colby Community (students, staff, faculty, etc.) at no charge, and gear is available for COC trips and personal use. If you want it, we probably have it. If we don’t, just let us know and we’ll look into expanding our inventory. You can rent gear five days a week during office hours or after meetings. Don’t know what you’re looking for? Just come into office hours and ask a COC member; we’d love to help you out.