Participants will advance popular understanding of the experiences of Maine’s Jews past and present by producing mini-exhibitions for display at the Maine State Museum, along with thematically related programs for school groups and adult audiences. In conjunction with the 2017-18 humanities theme, “Origins,” we will explore the question, “What does it mean to be from Maine?” Students will develop transferable skills in research, multimedia communication, and collaboration while gaining a richer understanding of how Jews and others have staked their claim to authenticity as Mainers. Origins humanities lab.
- Documentary: Jewish Life in Portland, ME
- BREIF Overview of Jewish Faith
- The Hebrew Bible/Old Testament
- World War II: Part I
- World War II: The Homefront
- The Palestine & Israel Conflict