End of Academic Year Closing
ALL STUDENTS MUST VACATE THEIR ROOMS 24 HOURS AFTER THEIR LAST EXAM. IF LAST EXAM IS ON MONDAY, MAY 16TH, YOU MUST VACATE BY NOON ON TUESDAY, MAY 17, 2016.
IF YOU ARE GRADUATING OR APPROVED TO BE ON CAMPUS FOR SENIOR WEEK, YOU MUST VACATE YOUR ROOM BY 8PM ON SUNDAY, MAY 22, 2016.
IF ARE LIVING ON CAMPUS FOR THE SUMMER, YOU WILL WORK WITH SUMMER PROGRAMS TO MOVE FROM YOUR SPRING PLACEMENT TO YOUR SUMMER PLACEMENT OR LEAVE YOUR BELONGINGS IN A TRUNK ROOM.
- If you want to leave belongings for RESCUE, it must go to the box, not be left outside of your room or the end of the hall. If belongings are left there, the building will be charged for their removal. The boxes will be on the first floor of every residence hall.
- You must take your own trash to the dumpster, not leave outside of door or at the end of the hall. If belongings are left, there will be charges for removal.
- Complete your on-line contract card.
- Inventory of Colby furniture must be complete, meaning that all Colby furniture must be present unless the student submitted a PPD work order to have the furniture removed earlier in the year. This should be documented on the Room Contract Form.
- Room must be left in condition found in which it was found (i.e. cleanliness, furniture, etc.).If not, this should be documented on the Room Contract Form.
- All rooms are inspected after student departure by PPD staff members, and all final damage billing is determined at this time.
*Questions about room damage charges should be directed to PPD.
- Students must return room key to the check-out key box outside the Campus Life Office.
- Unless you are graduating students do not return mailbox key. If you choose to, the Student Post Office will hold your key while you are away. Do not return your student mailbox key to your CHECK-OUT envelope, if you would like to return your mailbox key you need to turn it in to the Student Post Office.
- Return any Dining Hall cups, bowls, plates and silverware they may have to the Dining Halls.
- Return any library books you still have and pay any library fees you may have.
Trunk room storage
There are trunk rooms in every residence hall, that can be used for summer storage.
- They are used on a first come, first-serve basis.
- Students must have belongings in closed boxes or bags.
- The following items are not permitted in trunk rooms: furniture, carpets, electronics and opened boxes or bags
- Each item must have a completed trunk room label on it. These labels can be obtained from the Office of Campus Life or your CA.
- Students must schedule an appointment with the CA to gain access to the trunk room. Security will not let you into a trunk room.
-You should have all of your belongings outside the trunk room at the time of your appointment.