Colby Dancers is a student-facilitated dance club at Colby which provides many exciting opportunities for students to dance, choreograph, design, stage manage, and produce. The club offers weekly dance classes as well as dance workshops and fully staged concerts during the school year. Whether you’ve got twinkle-toes or two left feet, come dance with us! All are welcome.
- President: Kayla Gross ’13
- Vice President: Daria Jones ’13
- Secretary: Julia Moore ’13
- Treasurer: Juliette Chan ’14
- Officer-at-Large: Caitlin Vorlicek ’14
Colby Hipnotik Dance Team
The Colby Hipnotik Dance Team is a group of dedicated and experienced dancers who rehearse regularly and perform at various sporting events, at artistic functions on campus, and in their biannual showcase performances. The repertoire includes dance genres from hip hop and stylized jazz to lyrical and contemporary showcase pieces. The team holds auditions twice a year and loves to see new talent!
- Captain: Eleanor Powell ’15
Powder and Wig
Powder and Wig is an exceptional student drama group presenting theater productions throughout the school year. The group is autonomous and receives funding from the Student Government Association. Typically Powder and Wig stages between three to five productions per year and offers many exciting opportunities for student involvement. Powder and Wig enables students to explore producing, playwrighting, directing, acting, design, stage management, and technical production. The club holds elections each spring and encourages interested students to become invovled!
- President: Josh Rothenberg ’14
- Vice President: Kyle Rogacion ’15
- Production Manager: Tyler Harley ’15
- Secretary: Brendan Leonard ’16
- Publicity Chair (fall): Jordan Lorenz ’15
- Publicity Chair (spring): Lauren Stockless ’15
- Social Chair: Emilie Jensen ’15
Other Campus Opportunities:
- Broadway Musical Revue
- Colby Ballroom Dance Club
- Colby Improv
- Dynasty Step Club