The WordPress theme for colby.edu allows any Colby department or program to easily matintain a professional web presence that is customizable and adheres to the College’s brand standards. There are a number of plugins available that allow websites to be extended with additional functionality such as slideshows, news, events and more.
Please consult with Communications or ITS about what plugins would best fit the needs for your department website.
Many custom plugins perform Colby-specific tasks and functionality such as news, events, directory information, catalogue information and more. See the documentation on the available plugins below.
- WooSlider (enabled by default)
- Slidedeck 2
- Import External Images – import and images that are hosted by external websites. Useful when migrating content to WordPress.
- Bootstrap Shortcodes – Colby’s WordPress theme runs on Twitter Bootstrap, which allows enhanced functionality such as accordions and buttons to be added to any page.
- Display Posts Shortcode – allows lists of posts to be added to any page or text widget.
- Duplicate Post (enabled by default) – duplicate posts and pages and save time.
- TablePress – Easily add and maintain tables to posts and pages.
- TinyMCE Advanced – enables advanced features for the WordPress WYSIWYG editor
- Advanced Custom Fields (enabled by default) – Add custom post types and fields to WordPress sites. Administrators only.