The Colby College Economics Department has several endowed funds available for students who have taken at least one economics course to participate in summer internships and research opportunities.
- The Jeremiah S. Burns Jr. Internship and Research Fund in Managerial Economics
The purpose of this endowed fund is to provide aid to students pursuing internships and research opportunities in managerial economics.
- The Endowed Economics Student Research/Internship Fund in Honor of James W. Meehan Jr.
This fund supports student research and internships in the Economics Department with a preference for a female student.
- The Brian H. Sharples ’82 Endowed Internship and Research Fund in Managerial Economics
This fund provides aid to students pursuing internships and research opportunities in managerial economics.
- The Jason S. Freedman ’01 and Michelle Visser Family Fund for Economics
This fund provides internship and research stipends and related support for students studying in the Economics Department at Colby College. Preference is given to students who are studying economics as it relates to legal systems and the legislative process including policy analysis and fields broadly related to law and economics.
Applications for Summer Funding 2022 will be live on this DavisConnects webpage on March 11, 2022. Students will submit a general application (please visit the DavisConnects funding page to prep all essay questions an application materials) in addition to the following questions by March 25, 2022, at 11:59 PM EST. Award notifications will go out by April 9, 2022.
- Please describe how this opportunity commits to a larger, coherent course of study or direction in personal and professional development as it relates to the field of economics.
- List courses that you have taken that you feel relate to this opportunity.
For questions about the grant process, contact Scott Lamer at [email protected].
Click here if you would like to explore other global, internship and research experiences/opportunities that Davis Connects provides.
Internship & Research Funding
Policy and Research Organization Opportunities
- Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Congressional Budget Office
- Department of Energy/Energy Information Administration
- Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
Think Tanks/Non-Profit Organizations
- American Enterprise Institute
- Center for Budget and Policy Priorities
- Brookings Institution
- Economic Policy Institute
- Public Policy Institute of California
- Resources for the Future
- RTI International
- Urban Institute