Please use the link below to register for CUSRR 2022, either as a student presenter or other guest of the event. The registration deadline is July 20, 2022.
The schedule for CUSRR 2022 will be:
Thursday, July 28 (the symposium at Colby)
- 8:00 am: Registration (Page Commons)
- 8:30 am: Opening remarks (Lovejoy 100)
- 8:50 am: Morning session (Lovejoy 100 and Page Commons)
- 12:00 pm: Lunch (Cotter Union Silberman Lounge)
- 1:00 pm: Keynote Lecture (Lovejoy 100)
- 2:12 pm: Afternoon session #1 (Lovejoy 100 and Page Commons)
- 3:50 pm: Break
- 4:10 pm: Afternoon session #2 (Lovejoy 100 and Page Commons)
- 6:45 pm: Dinner and awards (Page Commons)
Friday, July 29 (the whitewater raft trip) – Crabapple Whitewater, The Forks, ME
- 6:30 am: Motor Coach Transportation to Crabapple Whitewater
- 8:30 am – 5 pm: Whitewater Rafting Trip (includes snacks and cookout lunch)
Please read the following before registering:
- All Colby students hired as 2022 summer Research Assistants, as well as their mentors, are invited to participate in CUSRR.
- Student participants are strongly encouraged to present at the symposium either by giving a short talk (approximately 12 minutes plus questions) or by presenting a poster.
- Students working on the same research project can give a presentation together (poster or talk). Normally, the number of student presenting authors should be 3 or fewer (2 or fewer for a talk). For presentations with a larger number of student authors, please contact the CUSRR planning committee in advance to discuss your situation.
- When registering for the symposium, student presenters will be asked to submit an abstract describing their research project. For tips on writing abstracts, please check out this page!!!! Additional guidelines for preparing a research abstract can be found here: Writing an Abstract. All properly formatted abstracts submitted by the registration deadline will be accepted.
- The template and formatting instructions for abstracts can be downloaded here. Please be ready to submit your abstract as a “.docx” file at the time you fill out this registration form.
- For students presenting together, a single abstract should be submitted by the first presenting author.
- The costs associated with the presenting students, their mentors, and other invited guests will be free of charge. Other registrants will be asked to provide a Colby account number herein.
- Students who are not able to attend should complete the registration form and select “I will not be attending any CUSRR events”
- Please email Karena McKinney with any questions about CUSRR.