Academic Information Technology Services is pleased to announce a Software Carpentry workshop on data management with R.This upcoming workshop is a hands-on, two-day event that covers the core skills needed to be productive in a small research team. Short tutorials alternate with practical exercises, and all instruction is done via live coding. Led by a certified Software and Data Carpentry instructor, this workshop is tailored to the needs of Colby students, staff, and faculty.
Dates: June 25 and 26, 2019
Location: Davis 201
Note: Space is limited to 35 participants
Workshop objectives include:
- Reducing the barrier to entry into programming, data management, and analysis
- Imparting skills for continued learning and engagement
- Supporting a forum for continuous learning to enable and enhance data-driven research in diverse disciplines
- Creating a strong community of scholars
- Empowering innovative and effective research
Instructors: Jacob Fosso Tande, Manny Gimond
Helpers: Randy Downer, Alex Lelchuk, Jeff Earickson
Event support: Ellen Freeman
Questions? Contact email [email protected] for more information.