Kaltura Automated Speech Recognition (ASR) Machine Transcription
With ASR, an algorithm instantly recognizes the words spoken in your video and provides machine-based
captions. This option handles high volumes, fast, while your accessibility compliant captions are
- Immediate access to machine-based captions (70-85% accuracy) and a “Do It Yourself” Captions Editor for increased fidelity
- Machine-based Learning with improved accuracy over time and ability to customize glossary
- Addresses the needs of students with learning disabilities who may need additional tools to help focus on specific content/topics
Getting Started-Adding Captions to Your Video
- Go to video.colby.edu
- Click on My Media in the NavBar
- Click on the video you want to caption
- Click ACTIONS and then + Captions Requests
- Select the language for the captions
- Click Submit
- The information for the requested captions will appear. The status of the submission will initially say Pending. To view more detail, click on the caption request itself. The turnaround time information is now visible.
- After the captions have processed, the status of the caption request will change to Completed. To view the caption text, click the Show transcript link. The caption text is now visible.
- To turn on captions while the video plays, click the CC button and select the language. The captions will appear on the screen.