- video conferencing
- simple online meetings
- group messaging
- mobile collaboration
Zoom Basic vs. Zoom Pro Account
Students logging into Zoom with your Colby credentials will provide you a Basic license that permits unlimited 1-to-1 meetings with an unlimited duration (one connection to one connection). Basic accounts can host group meetings (3 or more connections) of up to 50 participants for up to 40 minutes.
Students may request a Zoom Pro account to remove the 40 minute limit on group meetings. Zoom Pro licenses allow users to host unlimited meetings with unlimited duration with up to 50 participants. To request a Zoom Pro license, please complete the license request form.
Faculty and staff are automatically assigned a Zoom Pro license upon first login.
Test Your System
Connect to a test meeting ahead of time to make sure your computer is set up correctly to use Zoom. Log-in using your Colby gmail and password:
Zoom Help Center offers tutorials to help you get started with video conferencing and organizing online meetings.
Here are some links to some of the most frequently asked questions:
- Getting Started on a PC or a Mac
- System Requirements
- Download Zoom
- Audio, Video, Sharing
- Zoom Online Event Best Practices
- Enable Live Transcription (Captioning) in Zoom Meetings
- Starting an Instant Meeting with Zoom
- Scheduling a Meeting with Zoom
- Joining a Meeting with Zoom
- View a Meeting with Zoom
- Access video and audio settings
- Join or start a meeting
- Meeting ID and PMI explained
- Local recording
- Far End Camera Control & Auto Answer
- Sharing an iPhone or iPad
Support for Zoom will be handled in three main ways: