Like other highly selective liberal arts colleges, Colby requires all international applicants to have completed a pre-university course of study.
Required Application Materials:
- Completed Common Application
- Official record of secondary school work with all courses and grades, including results from appropriate examinations (e.g., IGCSE, “A” Levels, International Baccalaureate, HSC, WASC)
- Explanation of the grading system used and an English translation of records reported in other languages
- Teacher Evaluation Forms completed by two of your current or recent teachers
- Standardized Tests Scores:
- SAT or ACT or three SAT Subject Tests of your choice, sent by the testing agency**
- An official score report of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required if English is neither your first language nor your current language of instruction. In general, applicants most competitive for admission score at least a 100 on the internet or 600 on the paper-based TOEFL exams, or a 7.0 on the IELTS.**
- Early Decision Agreement Form (required for Early Decision applicants only)
Optional Application Materials:
- Arts Supplements, including art, music, and performing arts materials, may be submitted using SlideRoom, which is integrated with the online Common Application. After you’ve added Colby to your ‘My Colleges’ list, you can indicate that you wish to submit an arts supplement. You will then be provided with a direct link to the SlideRoom site. Supplementary materials can be uploaded to Slideroom after you have submitted your Common Application to Colby.
- Any additional information or resumes may be submitted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you filed your application early in the fall and want to provide new information or accomplishments, please complete Colby’s Optional Update Form.
- If you have filed your application prior to the deadlines of November 15 or January 1, you can convert your application to Early Decision by submitting a signed Early Decision Agreement prior to December 1, in the case of ED I, or by January 30 at 5 p.m. EST, in the case of ED II.
What about an application fee?
There is no application fee. Learn more about our commitment to accessibility and affordability.
**All required tests must be taken no later than January for admissions the following September (earlier if you are applying as an Early Decision candidate). See deadlines for more information.