If you’re considering transferring to Colby, make sure to apply sometime before your sophomore or junior year in order to maximize your number of transfer credits. We accept up to 64 semester credit hours toward a degree, as determined by the Colby registrar.
Transfer Application Materials
- Completed Common Application
- Transfer Mid-term Report signed by your current professors
- Official final high school transcript sent by your college counselor, principal, or headmaster
- Academic Evaluation completed by a full-time professor who has recently instructed you in college (not a TA)
- College Report completed by a dean or similar campus administrator who has access to your college records and can provide insight into your academic and social standing on campus
- Current college transcript and all previous college transcripts (if applicable)
- An official score report of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required if English is neither your first language nor your current language of instruction. In general, applicants most competitive for admission score at least a 100 on the internet or 600 on the paper-based TOEFL exams, or a 7.0 on the IELTS.
Please note: Interviews are not available for transfer students.
What about an application fee?
There is no application fee.