- Completed Application for Admission: Colby accepts the Common Application, Coalition Application, or QuestBridge Application.
- Academic Records: We require your high school transcript, a completed secondary school report from a school official, one counselor recommendation, and two teacher recommendations.
- Early Decision Agreement Form (required for Early Decision applicants only)
- Language Proficiency Exam Results: A score report of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), TOEFL Home Edition, International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Duolingo English Test (DET) is also required if English is neither your first language nor your current language of instruction. You may self-report your scores when applying to Colby, either by reporting them on your application to Colby or sending a pdf copy of your score report via email ([email protected]) or fax (207-859-4828). As of August 1, 2019 we will super score the TOEFL and accept MyBest score.
- Completed Financial Aid Application (required for financial aid applicants only): Detailed information regarding applying for financial aid at Colby is available on our requirements page.
- Optional Application Materials
- Standardized test score results
- Colby is a test optional institution. Students may choose whether or not to submit standardized test scores with their application for admission. Self-reported SAT, ACT, and Subject Test scores are permitted. The College will accept standardized test scores submitted through one of the following means: (i) scores included on the Common Application, Coalition Application, or QuestBridge Application; (ii) scores sent to the admissions office via a PDF score report or from the testing agency; and/or (iii) scores submitted through the optional update form. We superscore all exams, including the ACT, and will accept and include the individual section retest results as part of the superscore. Admitted students who submit test scores as part of their application will be required to provide official score reports prior to enrollment.
- We superscore all exams, including the ACT, and will accept and include the individual section retest results as part of the superscore.
- Additional recommendation letters
- Arts Supplements, including art, music, creative writing, and performing arts materials, may be uploaded after an application has been submitted.
- If you filed your application early in the fall and would like to provide new information or accomplishments, please email us at [email protected].
Colby conducts routine audits of select applications to confirm the accuracy of the information submitted as part of the application process. By submitting an application to Colby, applicants grant consent to Colby to contact individuals, schools, and other organizations identified in applications for the purpose of these audits. The submission of materially false or misleading information in an application is grounds for Colby to deny or revoke admission.
Application Dates and Deadlines
|Financial Aid |
|Early Decision I||Nov. 15||Nov. 15||Dec. 1||On or before Dec. 15|
|Spring Transfer||Nov. 15||Nov. 15||Nov. 15||On or before Dec. 15|
|Early Decision II||Jan. 1||Jan. 1||Jan. 15||On or before Feb. 15|
|Regular Decision||Jan. 1||Jan. 15||Jan. 15||On or before April 1|
|Fall Transfer||April 1||April 1||April 15||On or before May 15|