- Completed Application
- Colby accepts the Common Application, Coalition Application, or QuestBridge Application.
- Academic Records
- We require your high school transcript, a completed secondary school report from a school official, one counselor recommendation, and two teacher recommendations.
- Language Proficiency Exam Results
- A score report of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL),TOEFL Home Edition, International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Duolingo English Test (DET) is required if English is neither your first language nor your current language of instruction. We will accept the conversation aspect of the new TOEFL iTP as an optional submission. You may self-report your scores when applying to Colby, either by reporting them on your application or sending a pdf copy of your score report to firstname.lastname@example.org. As of August 1, 2019 we will super score the TOEFL and accept MyBest score.
- Early Decision Agreement Form (required for Early Decision applicants only)
Optional Admissions Application Materials
- Standardized test score results
- Colby is a test optional institution. Students may choose whether or not to submit standardized test scores with their application for admission. Self-reported SAT, ACT, and Subject Test scores are permitted. The College will accept standardized test scores submitted through one of the following means: (i) scores included on the Common Application, Coalition Application, or QuestBridge Application; (ii) scores sent to the admissions office via a PDF score report or from the testing agency; and/or (iii) scores submitted through the optional update form.
- We superscore all exams, including the ACT, and will accept and include the individual section retest results as part of the superscore.
- Arts Supplements, including art, music, creative writing, and performing arts materials, may be uploaded after an application has been submitted.
- Additional letters of recommendation
Financial Aid Requirements
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), for US citizens and residents only.
- Colby’s FAFSA code number is 002039.
- College Board CSS Profile
- Colby’s CSS code number is 3280.
- If your parents are divorced, separated, or never married, please submit the Noncustodial Profile or the Non-Custodial Parent Waiver Form.
- 2019 Tax Returns
- We require all schedules, pages, and W-2s (or the equivalent international income statements) for you and your parent(s) or guardian(s). Documents may be submitted through the College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC).
- If you or your parents are not required to file a 2019 US federal tax return, please complete the appropriate non-filer statement: Parent/Guardian Non-Filer’s Statement, Student Non-Filer Statement. Completed forms may be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Application Dates and Deadlines
|Financial Aid |
|Early Decision I||Nov. 15||Nov. 15||Dec. 1||On or before Dec. 15|
|Spring Transfer||Nov. 15||Nov. 15||Nov. 15||On or before Dec. 15|
|Early Decision II||Jan. 1||Jan. 1||Jan. 15||On or before Feb. 15|
|Regular Decision||Jan. 1||Jan. 15||Jan. 15||On or before April 1|
|Fall Transfer||April 1||April 1||April 15||On or before May 15|
Additional Information for Applicants
- If you have recently submitted your application for admission, please note it may take between 24 and 48 hours for you to receive your applicant portal login details. Be sure to check your spam or junk folder if you do not receive an email.
- Once your portion of the application has been submitted, your teachers and school officials will have plenty of time to send us your transcript, school profile, and letters of recommendation. The deadline to submit all academic information, financial aid documents, and optional materials including arts portfolios is January 15 for all Early Decision II and Regular Decision candidates.
Colby conducts routine audits of select applications to confirm the accuracy of the information submitted as part of the application process. By submitting an application to Colby, applicants grant consent to Colby to contact individuals, schools, and other organizations identified in applications for the purpose of these audits. The submission of materially false or misleading information in an application is grounds for Colby to deny or revoke admission.