- Completed Application for Admission: Colby accepts the Common Application, Coalition Application, or QuestBridge Application.
- Academic Records: We require your high school transcript, a completed secondary school report from a school official, one counselor recommendation, and two teacher recommendations.
- Early Decision Agreement Form (required for Early Decision applicants only)
- Language Proficiency Exam Results: A score report of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is also required if English is neither your first language nor your current language of instruction. You may self-report your scores when applying to Colby, either by reporting them on your application to Colby or sending a pdf copy of your score report via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. As of August 1, 2019 we will super score the TOEFL and accept MyBest score.
Optional Application Materials
- Standardized test score results: Colby is a test optional institution. Students may choose whether or not to submit standardized test scores with their application for admission. Self-reported SAT, ACT, and Subject Test scores are permitted. The College will accept standardized test scores submitted through one of the following means: (i) scores included on the Common Application, Coalition Application, or QuestBridge Application; (ii) scores sent to the admissions office via a PDF score report or from the testing agency; and/or (iii) scores submitted through the optional update form.
- Additional recommendation letters
- Arts Supplements, including art, music, creative writing, and performing arts materials, may be uploaded after an application has been submitted.
- If you filed your application early in the fall and would like to provide new information or accomplishments, please email us at email@example.com.
Colby conducts routine audits of select applications to confirm the accuracy of the information submitted as part of the application process. By submitting an application to Colby, applicants grant consent to Colby to contact individuals, schools, and other organizations identified in applications for the purpose of these audits. The submission of materially false of misleading information in an application is grounds for Colby to deny or revoke admission.
Through the Colby Commitment, we pledge to meet 100 percent of each admitted student’s demonstrated financial need without loans. In recent years, more than 90 percent of families with an income of $200,000 or less have qualified for some form of financial assistance.
If your family has a total income of $60,000 or less and has assets typical of this income range, we’ve ensured they will have a parent or guardian contribution of $0.
For families earning up to $150,000 with assets typical of that range, our Fair Shot Fund now ensures your parent or guardian contribution will be capped at $15,000 — which may make Colby cost less for you than any other four-year college or university.
Colby College is more affordable than you think. Use the MyinTuition calculator to estimate your college costs in just five minutes.
Application Dates and Deadlines
|Financial Aid |
|Early Decision I||Nov. 15||Nov. 15||Dec. 1||On or before Dec. 15|
|Spring Transfer||Nov. 1||Nov. 1||Nov. 15||On or before Dec. 15|
|Early Decision II||Jan. 1||Jan. 1||Jan. 15||On or before Feb. 15|
|Regular Decision||Jan. 1||Jan. 15||Jan. 15||March 15|
|Fall Transfer||April 1||April 1||April 15||On or before May 15|