If you’re considering applying to Colby but don’t think you can afford to be here, we encourage you to apply (for both admission and financial aid) and review your aid package before making a final decision. We believe no qualified student should miss out on a great education, and we have a number of institutional commitments in place to help make your Colby education affordable:
- We meet 100 percent of need as calculated by the college for all admitted students.
- We do not include loans in our financial aid packages.
- Financial aid is transferable to Colby-approved study-abroad programs.
- College funding is available to supplement unpaid internships.
- All students can apply for stipends to pursue academic research.
Use our net price calculator to help determine your estimated aid eligibility. Though it’s only an estimate, it will give you an idea of what to expect for institutional aid based on your family’s financial situation.
Yellow Ribbon Program
A Yellow Ribbon school, Colby seeks to enroll veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. The Yellow Ribbon Program is an agreement between colleges and universities and the Veterans Administration in which higher education institutions cover the cost of tuition and fees in excess of the amounts payable under the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. Between that and Colby’s commitment to meeting 100 percent of determined need without including loans in financial aid packages, veterans from all socioeconomic backgrounds have access to a Colby education. Please contact us to learn more.