All PLAYERS MUST HAVE A CLEAN PAIR OF SHOES TO CHANGE INTO!! Salt and dirt ruin the rink.
- Anyone other than the captain addressing the official will first be served with a warning. A second offense will result in an ejection from the game. A third offense is a disqualification from further play.
- Equipment: Required and provided-helmets (must be FASTENED), sticks, and a ball.
Note: No bulky football or hockey pads permitted. Knee and elbow pads are reccomended; falling on the ice can hurt.
- FOOTWEAR: Only sneakers are allowed, no boots or spikes. You need to bring your change of footwear to the athletic center and change into them in the STANDS NOT the BENCHES. This is done so as to get as little dirt as possible into the bench and ice area in order to not harm skates and the zamboni. If you do not have a change of shoes, you will not be permitted on the bench or ice.
- Playing Time: Two halves, each will be be two 20 minute halves with five minute intermissions, but we are only allowing the total of 45 mins for the game, not an hour. Hence the need to be punctual.
- All teams must show up on time. Games will be forfeited after five minutes. One forfeit will disqualify you from the playoffs. Two forfeits and you will be dropped from the league. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSES.
- Players: Four players on the ice at a time, plus one goalie. At least two woman and two men must play at all times. If a team only has one woman or man, it must play one player short; if the team does not have any females or males, it must forfeit.
- Sliding: Feet-first and head-first sliding will result in AUTOMATIC EJECTION, regardless if an opposing player is near (goalies are exempt only if they are making a genuine attempt at the ball).
- Feet: Play will be stopped if a player deliberately plays the ball with his feet in order to pass or shoot-goalies included. You can stop the ball with your foot, but then you must play the ball with your stick.
- Goalies: Goalies can use their hands or feet within an imaginary box, in the space in front of the goal line and before the the face-off dots. They must make a genuine effort to hold onto their sticks at all times. Once they have picked up the ball, goalies must ROLL the ball UNDERHAND to a teammate.
- High-Sticking: The ball cannot be played by a stick more than three feet high (above the wasteline). In addition, should a backswing or follow-through go above three feet, the ball will be given to the other team.
- Body Contact: People will collide and fall, but this is NOT ice hockey. If there is unnecessary clutching, grabbing, or deliberate body contact, at the referee's discretion, players will be penalized or ejected as necessary.
- Tied Games: Regular season games can end in ties. There is no overtime play. Ties in playoff games will be determined by a shootout.
- In Case of Emergency: Dial 3-911 for security and an ambulance from a campus phone.
If a head or neck injury is suspected: Call for help. Keep the student in the POSITION FOUND, keep warm. If the student has no pulse, begin CPR. Move the student only if pulse or breathing is absent and resuscitation is impossible in the current position. Roll student as one unit; maintain STABILIZATION of head and neck. Always use latex gloves and eye protection when dealing with blood or other bodily fluids.