Below is a list of some situations when you should contact the Security Office. In addition, you should contact us whenever you have a concern about your safety or the safety of those around you. If you are unsure about whether to call us, please err on the side of caution and call us!
- If you or someone else is involved in a motor vehicle accident on campus.
- If you ever feel that someone has touched you in a way that was inappropriate.
- If you or someone you know ever feels they have been taken advantage of sexually. We will strive to protect your confidentiality, and will be as sensitive as possible. We will take your accusations very seriously and treat you with dignity.
- If you are ever frightened and don’t feel comfortable walking to your car, the library, etc. Call us and we will be happy to walk with you.
- If you see anyone suspicious on campus, trust your gut instincts and call the Security Department. If it turns out to be nothing, there is absolutely no harm done, but your call could prevent a criminal offense from occurring.
- If you receive unwanted or harassing phone calls.
- If you ever hear an argument in a dorm or in any other campus building, call the Security Department, you could prevent an assault.
- If you or a friend ever feel threatened by someone, and feel they could potentially do you harm.
- If your vehicle is ever burglarized.
- If your dorm room is ever burglarized.
- If you suspect that any of your property has been stolen.
- If you suspect drug activity on campus. (You can remain completely anonymous).
- If you or anyone you have contact with begins to feel despondent or morbidly depressed, call the Security Department and allow us to check on an individual’s welfare.
- If you or someone else is involved in a medical emergency.