Sunday July 18-Saturday July 24 (Virtual)
Anticipated Research Modules/Activities
- Sunday evening virtual meet up with Professors Katz, Bevier and Coordinator Sasha Alcott.
- Microorganisms in water samples. Students will collect and analyze water samples from their hometown in conjunction with researchers from The Bigelow Lab.
- Plate Tectonics on other planets with Professor Tasha Dunn
- The power of research data with Science Librarian Kara Kugelmeyer
- Experimental Design with Professor Kevin Rice and his research students
- How does Colby support STEM students? Informational sessions with Davis Connects advisors and Psychology Professor Jennifer Coane.
- More TBA
- Students will attend online seminars and workshops with Colby faculty and staff followed by many opportunities to break out in small groups to work on research, assignments and other activities that will help students prepare for their time at Colby. Once students arrive on campus there will be ample opportunities for social gatherings and short field trips because spending time together as a cohort is a fundamental part of the CAPS program.
Join the CAPS Facebook Group to meet your future classmates before you arrive.