Teaching and Learning @ Colby Fellows
The Center for Teaching and Learning is proud to announce the Teaching and Learning @ Colby Fellows Program. The [email protected] Fellows program will immerse faculty and student teams in a series of guided conversations and workshops to encourage the successful implementation of active learning strategies in traditionally lecture-based courses.
[email protected] Faculty Fellows will receive a $2500 stipend to support the redesign or design of a course that they will teach during the 2020 spring term. Each Faculty Fellow will select 1-2 student learning assistants to partner with them on the design and implementation of active learning strategies that promote inclusive learning experiences. Student learning assistants will be paid hourly (~5 hours/week), by the CTL, for contributions to the pedagogical design and implementation of active learning strategies. Faculty stipends will be paid at the end of the fall term.
[email protected] Fellows Timeline – Spring 2019
- Faculty Fellows Applications Due: Friday December 6
- Application Link: https://forms.gle/GUXTvWbSYmzREi7W8
- Faculty Fellows Orientation Meetings with CTL Director (end of January)
The [email protected] Fellows program strives to help faculty and student fellows make progress toward
- Enhancing appreciation of pedagogy
- Developing relationships that support teaching and learning
- Integrating knowledge of how learning works into course design
- Implementing effective active learning strategies into traditionally lecture-based courses
Please feel free to consult Carol Hurney with questions or to talk through your proposal before submission.