Colby strives to make it as easy as possible for donors to make contributions.
Giving by phone, check, or online
- Credit card gifts: Colby accepts American Express, Discover, Visa, and MasterCard. Donors may make one-time gifts or schedule monthly credit card installments.
- Checks: All checks can be mailed to:
Colby College, Division of College Advancement
173 Main Street, Suite 201
Waterville, ME 04901-8843
- Colby Fund toll-free line: Call 1-800-311-3678 to charge gifts, to make pledge payments, or to arrange installment payments on your credit card.
- Colby Fund secure website: Visit colby.edu/give to make gifts via Colby’s secure website.
- Visit PayPal to give using your PayPal account.
Alumni Living in the UK
Colby is a UK-registered charity and has partnered with both the UK Fund for Charities and the CAF American Donor Fund to make giving easier for our alumni, parents, and friends living in the United Kingdom.
Gifts of securities
Securities are a great vehicle, as donors most often avoid capital gains tax and may be able to claim an income tax deduction as well. Colby accepts many gifts this way annually.
Information for transferring securities:
- DTC: 0235 (RBC Wealth Management)
- Acct.#: 30117442
- Acct. Title: Colby College
- Attn: Scott Smith ’88 Director of Administrative Financial Services
To ensure proper processing, please notify Scott of your transfer.
Donors 70½ or older may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year. Click here for more information.
Did you know you may be able to double the impact of your gift? Search to find out if your employer sponsors a matching gift program. Gifts from employees’ spouses and retirees may also qualify for a match.