There is a counselor on call while school is in session 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If an emergency situation occurs, students can reach the on call counselor by calling
Campus Security at 207-859-5911.
Some examples of Emergency situations include:
- Concerned about the safety of self or others, e.g., active suicidal or homicidal thoughts.
- Recently been physically or sexually assaulted.
- Experiencing auditory of visual hallucinations.
- Having a severe reaction to psychiatric medication.
For students who would prefer to seek assistance off campus, the following 24/7 resources are available:
Crisis and Counseling Centers Crisis Line (Local): 1-888-568-1112
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Maine Sexual Assault Crisis & Support Line: 1-800-871-7741
* Please note that if you are on campus during Thanksgiving break, Winter break, or over the summer when the Counseling Services office is closed, you may call Campus Security at 207-859-5911, contact one of the crisis lines listed above, or go to the nearest Emergency Room.