Please use the link below to register for CUSRR 2021, either as a student presenter or other guest of the event. The registration deadline is July 12, 2021.
The schedule for CUSRR 2021 will be:
Thursday, July 29 (the symposium at Colby) – SSWAC Parker-Reed Room and Colby Green tent
- 8:15 am – 8:45 am: Registration (Parker-Reed)
- 8:45 am – 5:15 pm: Research Symposium (includes lunch and refreshments – Parker-Reed and Tent)
- 5:45 – 8 pm: Buffet Dinner and Keynote Address (Parker-Reed)
Friday, July 30 (the whitewater raft trip) – Crabapple Whitewater, The Forks, ME
- 6:30 am: Motor Coach Transportation to Crabapple Whitewater
- 8:30 am – 5 pm: Whitewater Rafting Trip (includes snacks and cookout lunch)
Please read the following before registering:
- All Colby students hired as 2021 summer Research Assistants, as well as their mentors, are invited to participate in CUSRR.
- Student participants are strongly encouraged to present at the symposium either by giving a short talk (approximately 12 minutes plus questions) or by presenting a poster.
- Students working on the same research project can give a presentation together (poster or talk). Normally, the number of student presenting authors should be 3 or fewer (2 or fewer for a talk). For presentations with a larger number of student authors, please contact the CUSRR planning committee in advance to discuss your situation.
- When registering for the symposium, student presenters will be asked to submit an abstract describing their research project. For tips on writing abstracts, please check out this page!!!! Additional guidelines for preparing a research abstract can be found here: Writing an Abstract. All properly formatted abstracts submitted by the registration deadline will be accepted.
- The template and formatting instructions for abstracts can be downloaded here. Please be ready to submit your abstract as a “.docx” file at the time you fill out this registration form.
- For students presenting together, a single abstract should be submitted by the first presenting author.
- The costs associated with the presenting students, their mentors, and other invited guests will be free of charge. Other registrants will be asked to provide a Colby account number herein.
- Students who are not able to attend should complete the registration form and select “I will not be attending any CUSRR events”
- Please email a member of the CUSRR Planning Committee (Karena McKinney, Ying Li, Aleja Geiger-Ortiz, Jin Goh, and Pat Burdick) with any questions about CUSRR 2021.