To ensure that all parties (students, recruiting organizations) have the best possible experience, we have established policies and procedures concerning interviews (on campus and off), offers of employment, and other aspects of the hiring process.
With our combined strengths, the employer engagement team can help you promote your company and the positions for which you are recruiting with the students you most want to attract in order to maximize the return on your recruiting investment at Colby.
On-Campus Recruiting Events
Consulting EXPO 9/9/19
Business EXPO 9/16/19
Tech EXPO 9/23/19
Wildcard EXPO 10/7/19
Global Travel/Outdoor Adventure EXPO 10/28/19
Jan Plan Fair 9/18/19
Paving the Road Conference 10/22/19
Career Discovery Day and Fair 2/17/20
Post an internship or job
Handshake is our on-campus recruiting platform that allows you to manage your recruiting activities. It provides employers with easy ways to post internships, jobs, and events.
Schedule a recruitment visit
Are you interested in recruiting on Colby’s campus? See below for examples of the many oppportunities available and contact Assistant Director for Employer Engagement Liz Lerret ’11 to make your visit happen.
Post a Micro-Internship
Using Micro-Internships, community members can provide opportunities for Colby students to work on short-term, professional assignments.
Get started with Handshake
Handshake is fast becoming the recruiting platform of choice for employers and top universities and colleges alike, for good reason:
- One-stop shopping. It’s easy to post internships, jobs, and events to multiple schools at a time.
- Direct communication. Employers can find and communicate with individual students whose profiles fit their needs.
- Spotify-style opportunity discovery. Handshake’s artificial intelligence capabilities allow students to discover new opportunities that are a great fit for their experience, skills, and interests by making recommendations that become increasingly relevant as the platform learns students’ preferences over time.
- Employers, alumni, parents, faculty, and staff can all offer internship or full-time job opportunities or promote recruitment-related events on Handshake.
- Students and alumni can create profiles and apply to opportunities on Handshake.
Your Handshake account will allow you to:
- Enter employment opportunities
- Review student resumes
- Schedule interviews
We encourage employers to post their opportunities in Handshake themselves in order to ensure posting accuracy. Our office will approve all postings in the system and reach out with any questions. Job and internship postings will remain active in our Handshake system for 30 days unless otherwise noted by the employer.
Note: Posting on Handshake assumes agreement to our recruiting policies.
To ensure that all parties (students, recruiting organizations) have the best possible experience, we have established policies and procedures concerning interviews (on campus and off), offers of employment, and other aspects of the hiring process. We also expect employers to comply with principles established by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.