Alumni and employer engagement is a cornerstone of our success at DavisConnects. Through these collaborations we bring incredible students to employers and valuable experiences to students. From easy access for posting opportunities to high-impact in-person recruiting events, we provide a mutually beneficial environment for all of our employer partners. Whether you’re looking to post a typical summer internship, full-time opportunity, or an internship during our unique January term, Jan Plan, our team can engage with you to meet your needs and ensure student success.
Colby students are like no other and we invite your organization to recruit at Colby and discover what makes Colby students so unique.
Key Dates 2019
Industry EXPOs: 9/9/19 – 10/28/19
Colby’s signature Industry EXPO series allows organizations to engage with students in a novel and highly productive way.
Sept. 16: Business EXPO
Sept. 23: Tech EXPO
Oct. 28: Outdoor/Travel EXPO
JanPlan Fair: 9/18/19
Our first JanPlan Fair to showcase select employment, research, and global experience options and give students a chance to meet employers, faculty research sponsors, and global partners.
Paving the Road: 10/22/19
DavisConnects’ annual finance, consulting, and technology conference in downtown Boston, Paving the Road, features panels, workshops, and live interviews. We invite more than 130 students from all majors and class years and 30 employers to conduct interviews.
Colby’s signature Industry EXPO series is the perfect way for students to learn about and consider industries and roles they might not have known about and for employers to build their talent brand with a large and engaged audience. Each evening EXPO features 6-10 firms that share industry, career, and company insights as well as offer full-time and internship opportunities with 75-115 eager students of all class years and majors. To learn more about our EXPOs, email email@example.com.
Employer Recruitment Resources
Post your internship or job
Handshake is our on-campus recruiting platform that allows you to manage your recruiting activities. It provides employers with easy ways to post internships, jobs, and events.
Schedule a recruitment visit
Our employer engagement team will help promote your company and the positions for which you are recruiting in order to maximize the return on your recruiting investment at Colby.
Post a micro-internship
Using micro-internships, community members can provide opportunities for Colby students to work on short-term, professional assignments.
Get started with Handshake
Handshake is fast becoming the recruiting platform of choice for employers and top universities and colleges alike, for good reason:
- One-stop shopping. It’s easy to post internships, jobs, and events to multiple schools at a time.
- Direct communication. Employers can find and communicate with individual students whose profiles fit their needs.
- Spotify-style opportunity discovery. Handshake’s artificial intelligence capabilities allow students to discover new opportunities that are a great fit for their experience, skills, and interests by making recommendations that become increasingly relevant as the platform learns students’ preferences over time.
- Employers, alumni, parents, faculty, and staff can all offer internship or full-time job opportunities or promote recruitment-related events on Handshake.
- Students and alumni can create profiles and apply to opportunities on Handshake.
Your Handshake account will allow you to:
- Enter employment opportunities
- Review student résumés
- Schedule interviews
We encourage employers to post their opportunities in Handshake themselves in order to ensure accuracy. Our office will approve all postings in the system and reach out with any questions. Job and internship postings will remain active in our Handshake system for 30 days unless otherwise noted by the employer.
Note: Posting on Handshake assumes agreement to our recruiting policies.
To ensure that all parties (students, recruiting organizations) have the best possible experience, we have established policies and procedures concerning interviews (on campus and off), offers of employment, and other aspects of the hiring process. We also expect employers to comply with principles established by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
For questions about setting up or using a recruiting account on Handshake, please contact:
- Tammi Hamm, Handshake Administrator, 207-859-4141
- Mikki McFadden, Assistant Director of Employer Engagement, 207-859-4146