By connecting the scholarship experience on campus to the world through designed and facilitated internship opportunities, our staff of industry-expert advisors offer targeted insight and connections that enable students to build a career-enhancing suite of experiences, knowledge, and perspective.
Meet an Advisor
To schedule an appointment with an advisor, visit Handshake, our advising portal.
Industry-expert advising model
Undergraduate Internships and Research
We’ll provide the connections. You’ll enhance your classroom learning through designed and facilitated internship and research opportunities with Colby’s partners in every major U.S. city and around the world.
We provide the resources for students to learn by doing—in laboratories, in classrooms, and in the workplace. This empowers students to connect their education to the world while preparing them for future success in graduate schools and careers.
Learn more about securing internship and research opportunities by making an appointment with a DavisConnects advisor.
We support students exploring and applying to a wide array of master’s and doctoral degree programs in a variety of ways. Learn more about the graduate school application process, programs of interest, and more by making an appointment with a DavisConnects advisor.
Programs and Events
- Each October is the DavisConnects Graduate and Professional School Fair, with more than 80 representatives from graduate schools attending.
- Graduate school planning workshops are offered each semester.
- DavisConnects staff attend meetings offered by departments for their majors.
- Admissions representatives and/or alumni, such as international relations graduate programs and master’s in public health programs, offer occasional panel discussions.
- Graduate program information meetings are advertised, or representatives table in Pulver Pavilion, including summer business programs.
Health and Legal Professions
We support students exploring and applying to a wide array of national and international fellowship opportunities, including the Fulbright, Watson, Rhodes, Mitchell, and more. You can learn more by visiting our fellowships site and by making an appointment with DavisConnects Advisor Sarah Whitfield ’09 to start the process.
Recruitment visits from employers to Colby have increased 68 percent since DavisConnects began, and employers are now making 12-15 internship and job offers to Colby students after each DavisConnects industry expo.
That’s because employers who partner with DavisConnects—like those listed below—understand the value of a liberal arts education and how this experience benefits their businesses. To learn more about engaging with prospective employers after Colby, speak with your DavisConnects advisor.